Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my biggest things on my 900ss is that the bars are in towards the tank at too much of an angle. You can only position the stock bars in a couple places with out actually hitting something. Are the helibars any better and and can you actually move your bars up and angle them out from the tank a little more?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well-I have a set on a 95 cr They are a little more adjustable. But the big advantage is the height takes more weight off your wrist. Hope this helps. Don't know which style master cylinders you have-but with the cr-coffin style- you are limited because they will hit the fairing if you are not careful.
Ron

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have Helibars on both my Ducs. On the 900sp I change the angle and height between street riding and track days. I can get them up to the bottom of the triples and move them away from or closer to the tank. For the street I pull them all the way up and spread them as much as possible so they just miss the fairings at full lock. They are much more comfortable than stock at this setting but still offer a sporty riding position. With a LaminarLip and Helibars it's a very good sport tourer. For the track I usually drop them about half way and pull them in close to the tank. The 750 doesn't have quite the range of adjustability the 900 does but it's still a big improvement over stock.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My '92 900ss does have the coffin style master cylinders and unfortunately, they will have to stay for now. I actually think I could be real happy if I could put the stock bars right under the triple tree, but of course the master cylinders hit the fairing as already noted. From what duc97sp1 said, I think I want a set and I think I'm going to try a double bubble screen.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My sp doesn't have the coffin type resevoirs so I don't know what the clearances would be with those. I think the coffin type is not as tall as the newer type resevoir so maybe there's more clearance?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully... The pic on helibars website shows their bars with the coffin master cylinders and the bars look to be all the way up. The fact that they move the bars back and out must give you the clearance needed to raise them... I guess I just wanted to hear it from some one who has them. Thanks duc97sp1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts