Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I recently purchased a 04 Duc 999 Bi, and want to make a change to the bars, I had used Heli bars in the past on a TL1000R and liked them,
anyone have any experience with them? can original cables be used as claimed?

any down side, or other options?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have them on my 999 and they are awesome! No regrest!

-Chris

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I ended up buying the Fast by Ferracci risers. Most likely the same as far as height and angle, but the FBF's are much better quality then the Heli's and they were a few bucks less....beautifully made! I rode my 999 down there and they installed them for me. The difference was immediately felt, a great buy. I also installed a Ducati Performance seat which gives me a smidge more leg room and is as comfy as my CBRXX, ZRX 1200. Actually the seat is better because it's firmer. This is another "must buy" before they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I had them on my 749...same result as above except I spell "results" right.

Bolt on...easy as cake.
See what happens when you're a smart ars :p

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
my current 999s came with them on, no more numb fingers and hurting hands....and they look (angle and height) very close to a stock look but the comfort difference is night and day.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks All....and get off Embobs back, Massholes cant spell (lived there 23 years!)
I meant 23 yeeahs

Thx,

Matt

·
Registered
180 Posts
Haha, I love it when someone corrects me with a totally different word mistakenly.

Matt, I think substituting "spell" with "drive" would be a bit more accurate ;-)

Take care and enjoy the bike!!

-Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, I love it when someone corrects me with a totally different word mistakenly.

Matt, I think substituting "spell" with "drive" would be a bit more accurate ;-)

Take care and enjoy the bike!!

-Chris
dude, I live in san francisco......talk about not being able to drive! I could deliver pizzas in a snowstorm on my hypermotard....ask people here to handle driving a hummer in a light drizzle in san fran, and there will be trouble

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
it says these have a 5 degree down angle....do you know what the stock angle is? I'm hoping for something a little more flat
I think stock is 7 degrees. Here's a pic of them on mine. The feel WAY flatter than the OEM units. I couldn't ride for more than an hour or so with the OEM units. Now I can ride 6-8 hour days. I'm 55 yrs old, so pain isn't my game...:D

They are set up tight to the bottom of the top triple, here, and the OEM reservoirs just fouled the fairing so I removed them and replaced them with these Rizoma units, using the OEM master cylinders.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks very much for the picture, and resevoir info, I was thinking that the coffin like res' might be an issue for clearance.

how's the riding in Edmonton, my wife has relatives there, I've done a bunch of riding in canada, but not to, or around edmonton, closest I got was in the rockies/ lake disease, athabasca/ jasper. (forgive my spelling)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think stock is 7 degrees. Here's a pic of them on mine. The feel WAY flatter than the OEM units. I couldn't ride for more than an hour or so with the OEM units. Now I can ride 6-8 hour days. I'm 55 yrs old, so pain isn't my game...:D

They are set up tight to the bottom of the top triple, here, and the OEM reservoirs just fouled the fairing so I removed them and replaced them with these Rizoma units, using the OEM master cylinders.

what mirrors do you have...my stock ones have to go

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hello BrianG,
So am I to assume the reservoirs are mandatory for a clean installation.
And how would you put into words the difference in riding position and comfort and whatthe trade-offs are if any. Any info could help out this55 year young new '05 999s owner.
Thanks, Brad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts