Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts where I can find a set? It is my understanding that they are no longer in production.

Bryan

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know you're looking for Heli-bars but if that doesn't work out for you and you are looking to increase the bar height, my ST2 came with these. Look good and work well.

http://www.drdesmo.com/st24rise.htm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heli bars

I just put a sey of cycle cat risers on my st4s that came with the bike that the original owner paid 350 for. I am only 5'9" and I didn't notice much difference but they sure look nice.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bars

I had a set of Helis on my 06 ST3 but took them off in favor of a set of black Converti bars which are readily available.I had no issues with the Helis ..really well made and uses stock bars, so easy installation. An extended road trip and a sore neck made me look further and I got a set of Coverti Bars.These have a much greater range of adjustibility.both angular and height. my fluid reservoirs almost touch the inside of the fairing now.Good workmanship and design here too.I still get a sore neck after a few hundred miles though..aint the bike, its the body. Sixty one and climbing, happy I can ride anywhere

·
Registered
139 Posts
.I still get a sore neck after a few hundred miles though..aint the bike, its the body. Sixty one and climbing, happy I can ride anywhere
I have the same problem and I always blamed the helmet weight and my age (63). However, it got much worse when I used the 7 degree back setting on my Dr. Desmo risers. I put it back to the stock position and can ride much longer without the pain in my shoulder and neck. I think that wrist angle put pressure on the nerves agravating the neck and upper back area. Play around with bar angle and see if it is lessened any.

Fred

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a set that I bought for my '03 but never installed. I am not sure what brand they are, but they are very well made and a light gold anodized color and come with the hardware.

I will sell them for $75 shipped if anybody is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
try the Comfort kit

The comfort kit comes with risers, and a higher windscreen. Also changes the look of your bike.

here is a picture of mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bar risers....

I have the same problem and I always blamed the helmet weight and my age (63). However, it got much worse when I used the 7 degree back setting on my Dr. Desmo risers. I put it back to the stock position and can ride much longer without the pain in my shoulder and neck. I think that wrist angle put pressure on the nerves agravating the neck and upper back area. Play around with bar angle and see if it is lessened any.

Fred
IT's not just the age at 63, it's also the miles. At 39 years, 900 miles in a weekend can wear ya out too! How is the clearance on your fairing with the Dr. D's in place?

·
Registered
139 Posts
IT's not just the age at 63, it's also the miles. At 39 years, 900 miles in a weekend can wear ya out too! How is the clearance on your fairing with the Dr. D's in place?
I have the 1/2 inch and clearance is tight but works fine. He says the 1 inch clear with no problem also. The bars move back as well as up due to the angle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts