Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and couldn't find the info i needed and couldn't find it via google....

my bike has heli bars installed and i think they need some adjustment to fit my riding position. does anyone know what the torque setting is for the bolts?

also, does anyone know what it would take to fit a full fairing on my bike? the half fairing is nice, but options are always good. i really like the look of the earlier fairing vs. the 1999 fairing. will they fit?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The fairing could be made to work, I'm sure. Compare the mounting locations between an older and newer SS to understand the differences. You will have to convert to the old-style headlight if you really want to do this. Just don't expect everything to "bolt-on"; it probably won't.
Have you really looked at the combination of the older, flat-sided fairing and the newer plastic side panels under the seat? Those are two totally different design executions which may not look good together.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fairing could be made to work, I'm sure. Compare the mounting locations between an older and newer SS to understand the differences. You will have to convert to the old-style headlight if you really want to do this. Just don't expect everything to "bolt-on"; it probably won't.
Have you really looked at the combination of the older, flat-sided fairing and the newer plastic side panels under the seat? Those are two totally different design executions which may not look good together.
the full fairing from the 1999 would work for me as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bolt torque on the stock clip ons for a carby is 10 Nm...i would imagine helibars would be about the same.
so, a little over 7 ft/lbs.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts