Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
My legs are long, but I lowered the shock to make the bars seem higher. I know all the problems associated with that, but it's only temporary. I removed the rear shock and used the adjustment below the blue nut to shorten it.
Funny thing is when I do the convertibar install and the bars rise to a usable level, I'll probably add to the length of the shock and make my seat much higher. Anyway there's a little adjustment there.
Also the preload can be adjusted for your height and weight, and you'll most likely drop seat height doing that. They are very high from the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RocketJohn said:
it's not heavy, just one foot it, not worth losing suspension travel and optimum setup for the brief time you wait at lights...
I hear that, but it just makes dumping the bike at low speeds that much more likely. For example, the other day I stopped at a light on my Supersport, put my foot down (into a small pothole) and felt nothing. I nearly lost it -- the only reason I didn't is because of my superhuman strength. ;-) The GT1000 is supposedly an inch higher than my SS, and I'll be riding it mostly in the city, where my M620 does duty now. I could justify selling my M620 for a GT1000 more if it wasn't too tall for me. Am I screwed?

·
Registered
523 Posts
i think you should just practice sliding off the saddle to the left and put your foot down, tall dirt bike style... also you could make sure you wear a thick soled boot, have someone custom build your saddle to lose an inch or so... and as the suspension settles and breaks in it should sit a bit lower... same with the seat...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.