Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new (slightly used 130mi) 999s from a dealership in texas. "show room condition" Customer bought it, put 130 mi. on the bike and traded up for a 999R Xerox. I had the bike shipped to orlando, fl. It's a 2006 with full warrenty. I had it shipped to ducati dealer in orlando. On my gentle (getting used to my new bike) ride home, the thing just cut off on me 4 blocks from my house. Had to push it home. Had it towed back the shop where they have been working on it for about a weeek and still haven't figured out whats wrong with it......i'm sitting here getting an ulcer!! They say it's not the battery, immobilizer or starter......

Heeeelp!

·
Registered
37 Posts
bpad1 said:
Just bought a new (slightly used 130mi) 999s from a dealership in texas. "show room condition" Customer bought it, put 130 mi. on the bike and traded up for a 999R Xerox. I had the bike shipped to orlando, fl. It's a 2006 with full warrenty. I had it shipped to ducati dealer in orlando. On my gentle (getting used to my new bike) ride home, the thing just cut off on me 4 blocks from my house. Had to push it home. Had it towed back the shop where they have been working on it for about a weeek and still haven't figured out whats wrong with it......i'm sitting here getting an ulcer!! They say it's not the battery, immobilizer or starter......

Heeeelp!
On the plus side you are under warranty, but I would be worried that after a week of effort, the dealer, with all their resources, cannot find anything (?) wrong. I would try to find out how time they have in it at this point. Bet it is not a week of time. Just my guess.

AT this point, relax (as much as you can) and chase after the dealer to stay informed as to what their progress is.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
As mentioned, the good news is you are still under warranty and also happened to purchase it from a dealer, even if it was out of state.

They should probably look at the warranty history of the bike to see if this problem was evident under the previous ownership of the bike.

The fact that the current dealer is not able to identify the problem a week later is a concern though... ultimately you have the warranty protection and a very high likelihood that there will be some sort of remedy (whether its mechanical or financial).

Good luck...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you're right. Come to find out that today is really the first day the bike has been up on the lift....no phone call from the shop so I called to find out what was up...their response: waiting from a call back from some regional Ducati service center. The guy who is in charge of my bike was out today and the guy who answered the phone didn't know Sh#t

According the guy who sold the bike to me, No service was done, nor was any needed...

Can you say FRUSTRATION!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts