Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Heavy heart today :o(

3K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  JDP 
#1 ·
Sad news. The end of an Ducati icon in the midwest. I love this place and everyone there ever since it opened its doors in 2001 and had the Ducati Cafe. So sad
http://www.corsesuperbikes.com/

#14 ·
I heard about this as a rumor at a track day yesterday, so I called Corse myself. Rumor confirmed. I'm really bummed by this. A big reason I bought the ST4s was because of the dealership; knowing they were there for service, support, and anything else I needed. I have developed a friendship with many of the people there; they will all be missed greatly. Corse has been the best dealership I have come across, regardless of brand. Quite honestly, I will need to re-think Ducati ownership in the future. Granted I was spoiled that Corse was 15 minutes from my house, but I have no desire to treck to Minneapolis nor Chicago just to get the bike serviced. Hopefully some of the employees will will land locally so we'll be able to give them business.

#21 ·
Myself and many other riders in my State have gone through the same situation when our main store closed. The head mechanic has since set up a great workshop in his shed at home and he is flat out trying to keep up. The price he charges is a lot less as he doesnt have the overheads that a dealership has and his workmanship is magnificent, He has all the tools and contacts to access parts just like a dealership and we are all happy. He has my 999R now fitting up some new goodies!!

If this was not the case i would not have a problem taking the Ducati where ever it had to go for servicing instead of selling it like some of you are suggesting.

#23 ·
The head mechanic has since set up a great workshop in his shed at home and he is flat out trying to keep up.
If this was not the case i would not have a problem taking the Ducati where ever it had to go for servicing instead of selling it like some of you are suggesting.
If TJ sets up shop locally, or there is another quality Duc mechanic locally, they I have no problem keeping the bike long-term. However, a big reason I purchased the ST4s was because I knew Corse was close and would support me. Face it, Ducatis require more maintenance than other brands, which is fine as that's what we signed up for when we bought them. But I don't have the time nor motivation to haul 100+ miles every 12-18 months for a valve check/adjust. I do the routine maintenance myself, but the bigger stuff I let the pros handle. I have better ways to spend my time. Like riding! :)

#29 ·
I was down there last weekend and Sam basicaly said the same thing,, "Hopefully" a smaller shop but I don't know what to do w/o TJ. I take my ST4 there in every spring for belts and to check the valves,,,,
7-10,000 miles a year and never a problem,,,,, I'll drive a long way to have my bike serviced by TJ!
Hell, if MJ has his Desmodici serviced by Travis,,, that's all I need for a reference!:D

#30 ·
Dealership

The Ducati dealership down here in san antonio is feeling the pinch as well. They are starting to sell cars as well. I guess you just have to diversify. Hopefully they can keep the doors open. Really nice dealership; of all sorts now. Ducati, Bimota, Aprilla, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta and now higher end cars and SUVS.:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.