Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
gg48gg, thanks for the detailed pics. I put my multimeter on both left and right grip heaters and both showed an open circuit. Does that sound right? It would seem like it would be one or the other but what are the chances both would be bad?
Also, if I don't have access to an air compressor, what's the best way to get the grips off the handlebar?
Sorry for the late reply. That would mean both are bad. That is very coincidental though. If you've double checked your meter and you're making good contact with your probes, then they are both bad. It should not depend on them being switched on because you are checking right at the grip element contacts.

·
Registered
263 Posts
When I checked the resistance, the throttle side showed an open circuit. I ended up ordering the Tusk heat elements since they are the same resistance as the OEM. This will make a difference in the amount of heat generated. I finally got around to replacing them and I'm back in business. My original heated grips got extremely warm and it was rare I would put them on high. The new ones seem to work the same but I haven't had it out for a ride yet. The best part was that the Tusk heaters were only $20!

61 - 62 of 62 Posts