Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have a 2007 GT1000 (no mods relevant) and would like to purchase some heated gloves and a jacket liner. Does anyone know how much wattage the bike has available for such accessories?

Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Folks,

I have a 2007 GT1000 (no mods relevant) and would like to purchase some heated gloves and a jacket liner. Does anyone know how much wattage the bike has available for such accessories?

Thanks!
I dont know the exact numbers. but being that the R/R melts due to getting too much voltage, I would say it's plenty to power a small village.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You have a 520W alternator. It takes about 150 to 200 W to run the bike. There's about 300 more watts to play with.

That said: I made a jacket liner that is 140 Watts. I had 110W aux lights. Heated Grips 30W. Add in another 55W for high beam. All this stuff would run simultaneusly on my 1998 ST2, which was a 420W alternator. Make sure all your connections are clean and tight (battery, gnd., RRgnd.) and you should be OK.

Just don't expect much from it in town at an idle. You need to be riding it (3000rpm and up) to get decent wattage/voltage out of the alternator.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I run a gerbings jacket liner and gloves off the bike with no problem. I ran the power wire straight to the battery and tuck it away when I'm not using it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gerbings

Papa - that's what I'm in the market for the T5 gloves and the jacket liner. How do you like their product?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts