Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year around this time I think about heated gloves or heated grips because riding in temps of 50's or into the 40's F makes my hands cold. But the price of heated gloves or grips is a little off putting, as is the need with most of them to wire them to the bike. Especially since there are only a few weeks a year so cold here. I think about it on a few weekend rides, then it warms up.

So, my wife got a pair of these $10 heated gloves, with 5 volt usb connection. Plug into computer while working, and no more cold hands. I got a pair, removed the heating element from the knit gloves. Put them inside my Alpinestars. OK, the velcro on the heating elements does not stick to the inside my gloves, so it's a little fidgety. Take the gloves off, and you will have to reposition the heater when you put them back on. I ran the wire harness included through the sleeves of my suit. Stuck a 2600 mah usb battery that I had laying around in the inside pocket.

The heating element has 2 sides, 1 goes on your palm the other on the back of your hand. My palms were good and warm due to the gripping the element between hand and glove. Back of hands, good, Fingers a little chilly, but on average good. A definite improvement. Temps got down to 50F today on my ride, so it could be colder. Worth while imho, but if you live in an actual cold place, it might not be so great. But so far, I think it is worth the $10 and then some. I will likely only use it 8 - 10 times a year. So, if you are in a colder climate, ymmv. See link. 0:)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKJY1RB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Administrator
12,244 Posts
That does seem like a very reasonable solution. I spent the money this winter on the Warm and Safe heated gloves and LOVE them. If you find yourself enjoying the heated stuff for the long term I think it is worth the investment.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt purpose built heated gloves would be better. But for $10 this takes off the cold edge. Don't know why I did not think about the thin glove liners I have sooner. The heater elements stick to the inside of those better than the gloves. Makes things a little bulky but will try that next time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those look really bulky. Seems like dexterity would be limited. A nice pair of winter gloves and a thin silk liner will work better. I use Rev-It Kodiak GTX with Tourmaster liners. Can easily ride in temps in the low 40s without issue.

·
Administrator
12,244 Posts
I believe SRDigital is making a bunch of profound posts so he can sell us something...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts