Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and to Ducati, as I just bought a SF S.

I have one question that someone could help.
Do you know of any aftermarket Heat Guard that will push out less the right foot from the footpeg?

Does anybody else has this problem?

I have searched quite a lot and could not find any, apart from carbon ones with identical to the OEM distance from the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the CF heat shield with standard mounts and I find the guard gets hot so I would be hesitant mounting thee guard closer to the exhaust.

I have seen guys use bushes on the foot peg mounts, I would sooner fit longer foot pegs but have not found any as yet.

Every ride my rightr foot falls off the peg at leat once.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Mines carbon & it does,nt get hot. Just foil back it. You have seen the post i put on & it works

I have some spacers & Oberon footpegs. My foot is nowhere near the can

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your post and your pictures blackie. :)
I am also thinking of buying the carbon heat guard from speedycom and their Bonamici rearsets.

What is the lenght of the spacer you have put?
What is the material?

What do you think of the Bonamici rearsets, anybody knows about them?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have the Blackie Mod, bringing the heatshield closer to the exhaust, plus Oberon foot pegs and I don't even think about it anymore...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I would look on ebay italy for the heatshield. I know Ian at speedycom very well as he is about 20 mins from my house and he is a top bloke but the guard will be cheaper on ebay.
I am considering ditching the oberon footpegs and buying the new Gilles rearsets as i think they are tricky as fuck...:D

The bonamichi ones are ok as well

The spacers are just milled alloy ..The thread is on here somewhere with a picture of the size, i think its about 15mm I have a spare set if you want to paypal me some cash........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would look on ebay italy for the heatshield. I know Ian at speedycom very well as he is about 20 mins from my house and he is a top bloke but the guard will be cheaper on ebay.
I am considering ditching the oberon footpegs and buying the new Gilles rearsets as i think they are tricky as fuck...:D

The bonamichi ones are ok as well

The spacers are just milled alloy ..The thread is on here somewhere with a picture of the size, i think its about 15mm
thanks for the advice for the heat guard.:)
also think about the gilles as well.
how long are the spacers you did?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts