Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Headsets

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BobsSS 
#1 ·
I didn't see any thread with reviews/feedback on helmet mics/phones. I want to be able to use cellphone, FRS, and music player and maybe even GPS output. Anyone have experience/opinions on makes and models?

#2 ·
Autocom, Baehr or Starcom seem to be the industry leaders and will link together what you want to do. The new Autocom equipment has come down in price. If you're thinking about bike to bike or pillion communication use the good stuff that has a noise canceling mic. - I have a box of worthless junk that just didn't work out due to wind noise at speeds over 30 mph.

#3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to avoid accumulating a box of worthless junk. I gather the microphone is the critical link. I've already been talked out of a throat mic. I saw a demo on the vendor's website of a guy using one snowmobiling and you cannot understand a single word he says - and this is on the vendors website! Do you know if the one that comes with the Starcom (SH-004) is a good one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.