Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Headlight wiring plug and "side" light...

3553 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ENGAKATS
So a while back I posted about my headlight wiring harness plug melting when I used my brights and I've just not used my brights since then, but I'm finally ready with the time and whatnot to build a new one... I just need to know where I can find the headlamp plug for my 1999 900SS. As you can see, mine's what-do-you-call-it... ...SHOT. Any ideas?

Also I'm missing my "side" light bulb and was wondering if anyone knew off the top of your head what it is. My manual says 5W and it's a two pronged bulb. Is it a specialty bulb from Ducati, or just a gas station pick-up?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
That looks familiar

My '95 SS did the same exact thing. The brights were on all the time no matter what, thought it was the dimmer switch, then took the headlight bulb out and that is EXACTLY what I saw. :eek:

I believe I went to Autozone and got a new headlight bulb pigtail and wired it up. It came in a two pack. If you cant find one, let me know Ill send ya the extra one I have for cheap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.