Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the option of being able to turn the headlight on & off, here in OZ we don't get that option, just wondering if any other countries do & have a factory on off switch??
On the RHS switch block theres a blanking plug wondering if this is where the headight switch would normally go??
If i can't source one i'll do what i normally do & thats mount small toggle switch in the blanking plug to do the same job. just doesn't look as nice is all.:mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the option of being able to turn the headlight on & off, here in OZ we don't get that option, just wondering if any other countries do & have a factory on off switch??
On the RHS switch block theres a blanking plug wondering if this is where the headight switch would normally go??
If i can't source one i'll do what i normally do & thats mount small toggle switch in the blanking plug to do the same job. just doesn't look as nice is all.:mad:

expensive as hell but it does exist:

Euro Right Hand Light Switch

·
Registered
104 Posts
$300 to turn your headlight off? Ouch!
yea there a quite a few things I would put in line to purchase before that. It doesn't make sense that the part costs that much money. I had a euro switch in my vw and it was around 60 bucks and I thought that was outrageous and it allowed control of headlights, parking lights, fogs front and rear etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I guess my bike is "euro model" but it doesn't have Euro Right Hand Light Switch mentioned above.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I guess my bike is "euro model" but it doesn't have Euro Right Hand Light Switch mentioned above.
can you turn your headlight off? If so can you post a picture of your switch it'd be interesting to see the difference and if there is possibly a cheaper alternative out there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
can you turn your headlight off? If so can you post a picture of your switch it'd be interesting to see the difference and if there is possibly a cheaper alternative out there.
No, the lights are on always. I think it's because of some safety regulation.
You are more visible with the lights on.

In Finland you always have to use headlights or day time running lights.

·
Registered
757 Posts
daytime running lights—for visibility. didn't that start is europe? i don't know why anyone would like to have that off but to each his own i guess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
daytime running lights—for visibility. didn't that start is europe? i don't know why anyone would like to have that off but to each his own i guess.
Here in Aus, ADR used to state headlights must be wired to ON permanently its recently changed, so I'd like the choice of on or off.
Exactly lights on = more visibility.
some times you want to be invisible for those few extra seconds...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
For trackdays. Appearantly, covering the headlight could result into melting it (yes, previous owner already did that once).

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Personally, I run my high beam lights during the daylight hours for added visibility.
Don’t do that. It is a fact that that makes it harder for ‘them’ to judge your distance & speed.
I was doing that before I remembered that I had already proved to my self that it’s not a good idea.
Extra running lights do seem to help you be seen though. But I ain’t got any on my Hyper.

·
Registered
239 Posts
yes, that switch looks like what I could do with.
Beginning to think my battery is not holding charge so well. 796 battery is small. Few times recently it has been reluctant to start - sluggishly turning motor over. Early 2010 model so getting on for a 3 year old battery. Headlight sw. would usefully take that drain out of the circuit for starting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts