Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I noticed my headlight stays on after I kill switch the engine and turn the key to off. It stays on for about ten seconds and then turns off. Whassup with that? Any guesses? Haven't checked my service manual yet. Thx.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not sure that's what he is talking about. This is after you turn off the key, the headlight stays on. Mine has always done it and I gave up caring about it. You turn off my bike with the key and even if you pull it out, the headlight stays on for a good 8-10 seconds. It's normal as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure that's what he is talking about. This is after you turn off the key, the headlight stays on. Mine has always done it and I gave up caring about it. You turn off my bike with the key and even if you pull it out, the headlight stays on for a good 8-10 seconds. It's normal as far as I can tell.
Yes, this is the situation. turn to off position with the key, even pull key out (of course my ECU now has immobilizer off), light stays on. I got my ECU reflashed and the GT1K dynoed two weeks ago. I've been riding since then without this quirk. This quirk started today. Just thinking that it has something to do with recent work...but can't think anything logically connected with fuel remapping. Go figure, thought I'd post up since there's rumor that this forum has died out. ha ha

·
Registered
503 Posts
Check relay #48 which the ECU controls ground to to see if it is sticking.

Whack the case with the backside of a screwdriver if the contact stays closed after power is removed.
Or try replacing it and see if it fixes your problem. Might be a problem with the inductive coil retaining charge.

(This only applies for Biposto/GT. Monopostos don't have a relay 48 controlling the headlight.)
Ducati Sportclassic 1000 Wiring - SportClassic 1000 Wiring Diagram Ducati Pictures Images and Videos

Check the PDF here, Body #8 on the ECU, path circled magenta "5", Relay #48.
That controls master power to the headlight.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check relay #48 which the ECU controls ground to to see if it is sticking.

Whack the case with the backside of a screwdriver if the contact stays closed after power is removed.
Or try replacing it and see if it fixes your problem. Might be a problem with the inductive coil retaining charge.

(This only applies for Biposto/GT. Monopostos don't have a relay 48 controlling the headlight.)
Ducati Sportclassic 1000 Wiring - SportClassic 1000 Wiring Diagram Ducati Pictures Images and Videos

Check the PDF here, Body #8 on the ECU, path circled magenta "5", Relay #48.
That controls master power to the headlight.
Thanks a bunch!!!! Bike is at the shop right now for other matters, may have them do this.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to conclude FWIW, my ECU was reflashed by Rexxer, Redline in VA. According to them, this is part of their reflashing which they programmed into my ECU. Like some cars today, headlight remains on after turning off for 1 or 2 minutes, then goes off.

After six months, no issues with this programming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts