Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like my headlight to be the cool blue color just like the running lights, is that possible?

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
And your owner's manual shows you how to replace the bulb...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should be more specific in my request. Has anybody done this? What bulb did you use? Was the switch easy? Does the color match? Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
While cool looking...

Blue light above 6000K is not a good choice as the human eye is not sensitive to that range of light. i.e. there will be less illumination on the road. Check the bulb that you are interested in for its output and see where it falls in the spectrum of light. 4300K (White light) will provide the most effective light.

P.S. I kinda like the LED's at night. I have my white headlight and a floating cloud of blue just in forint of the bike.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I would like my headlight to be the cool blue color just like the running lights, is that possible?
I can't remember which catalog I've got it from but there is a cup made out of three different color glass that goes over the H4 bulb and when is lit, it gives the rainbow colors at the head light. Awesome even when the light is off. Worth do a search. I had it on my S4Rs and now on the SF.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Blue light above 6000K is not a good choice as the human eye is not sensitive to that range of light. i.e. there will be less illumination on the road. Check the bulb that you are interested in for its output and see where it falls in the spectrum of light. 4300K (White light) will provide the most effective light.

P.S. I kinda like the LED's at night. I have my white headlight and a floating cloud of blue just in forint of the bike.
I second this.

I would be more inclined to either get after market (warmer) LED's or get a slightly cooler colored bulb but not nearly as cool as the stock LED's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts