Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, which headlight bulbs do you guys prefer using? I recently had bad luck with an led and looking for other choices

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm using a 4200K halogen. It matches the LED running lights. That's what I was mainly trying to accomplish. The light it produces is also a bit better then the yellow stock bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With those led lights is it just plug and play? Will the dust cap fit? Etc thanks

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
... good thread, something I am deeply interested myself.

In the past I used a Hella H4 bulb (halogen) ... but there's a little secret to going with those. You can obtain a Hella H4 that has a 55 watt low beam and a 100 watt hi beam. But I think that H4 bulb only fits a Hella reflector/lens.

... I think. Maybe. Or not.

Anyhow, I'm on a '96 900CR ... so totally different mo'sickle than this thread addresses. No matter, I'll take the education presented in this thread anyhow.

Carry on ... talk amongst yourselves ... g'head g'head ...

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up ordering a set of Phillips diamond vision 5000k. Il give these a shot and let you guys know. Please keep posting what bulbs you guys are using!

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr, 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848
42 Posts
they are slim designed for maximum machining halogen light, this EVO version don't have balast like normal version or HID lights, so, yes it is plug and play but you have to remove or drill your dust cap(unfortunately) but you can find cap for $2(3) like I do online for spare to have it, if you going to need it later sometime, i will post some pictures when i get home next week so you can see it.

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr, 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848
42 Posts
ohh, yes, the OPT7 H4 is not good for our SF, sometimes more expensive thing are not good as cheaper one....why, well opt7 on SF work on deposit way(low beam is high, and high is low) so not good...

now, can someone tell me what should i do with timing belt, i bought 2014 SF 848 with 2000mile and not sure should i change !? any other information about service will help.

p.s. I'm new in ducati world

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for you post, as per your timing belt it should replaced every 5 years(max) or 12000km/6000 miles roughly. I’d change it just for a piece of mind. It breaks say goodbye to your motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts