Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today three of us from this forum got together to install the wiring mod that allows the low beams to stay on with the high beams:

Haven't ridden at night with it yet but I think it's gonna work great.

Here's the link to the instructions

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
today three of us from this forum got together to install the wiring mod that allows the low beams to stay on with the high beams:

Haven't ridden at night with it yet but I think it's gonna work great.

Here's the link to the instructions
Ok, I see how it's going to be. You guys have a party and I'm not invited?

·
Registered
196 Posts
"Enabling headlight dip with main beam on an MTS1200"
I read this earlier, but didn't get what that meant; headlight dip?
it's a Xenon issue, since xenon has a startup time in which it does not illuminate fully. So when switching to high beam, there will be a short while of lesser illumination, moreso as xenon is bright, so when dark it is extra dark ;)
"Low beam on while the High beam" USA MEANING.......
both low and high beam on together, when switching on high beam.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Yup did mine a few days ago.
Just follow the instructions, use the smallest jewellers screwdriver to release the small wire clip in relay socket , then pull wire out and squeeze the spade reciever to get a firm grip on the spade of the new of wire.

Easy fix!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Did you guys ended up buying the wiring from the seller or making your own?
I remember there was a little whatever about the hidden diode a while ago.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Did you guys ended up buying the wiring from the seller or making your own?
I remember there was a little whatever about the hidden diode a while ago.
We bought it from John - it just seemed easier than making it ourselves and since he does it as favor to forum members it makes sense to support our own. I rode mine last night - works great and also gives a bit more visibility during the daytime.

·
Bon Vivant
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also gives a bit more visibility during the daytime.
Robb, I'm not going to ride mine with the lights on high during the day, just in case it does have a bit more amperage draw.

I figure it won't be a big deal at night for the little time I'll be in the high position while riding at night. And I don't usually tour at night.

But why push it if it does draw a lot of juice? I know you're into as much safety as possible, if you really want to ride with high beams on all the time we sould probably take the bikes and get output and draw tested.
(in my best jersey accent) I know a guy.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Paypal in £'s here in a week or so. Follow instructions, a snap. No muss no fuss...

·
Registered
146 Posts
wiring part

I am interested in purchasing the wiring also. Can you forward contact info?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
having used the high beam at the same time as low ( by holding on button ) whilst it gave extra light , its not what I consider a huge improvement

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
having used the high beam at the same time as low ( by holding on button ) whilst it gave extra light , its not what I consider a huge improvement
I agree, it's only a little better, But I guess each little bit helps. If your not ponying up for killer bulbs or accessory lights, it might be good enough for some. Cheap and easy to try...just hold down the flash as you mention and everyone can decide for themselves right ther on thier own bike.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I don't know, while I had the nose off my bike I replaced the bulbs with silverstars ultras and adding the additional hi beams to them at the same time I think in my case would be way too much, but that's just me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Robb, I'm not going to ride mine with the lights on high during the day, just in case it does have a bit more amperage draw.

I figure it won't be a big deal at night for the little time I'll be in the high position while riding at night. And I don't usually tour at night.

But why push it if it does draw a lot of juice? I know you're into as much safety as possible, if you really want to ride with high beams on all the time we sould probably take the bikes and get output and draw tested.
(in my best jersey accent) I know a guy.

I did this mod about 8k miles ago and run with the high beams on 99% of the time with no issues. As far as it drawimg too many amps, thats what fuses are for to protect itself.

·
Registered
181 Posts
been using this for over a year now and its especially useful in traffic when you are filtering, the dual lights really let other drivers know you are coming -and you dont have to hold the button and can focus on just riding

so recommnded for any of you that are commuting/regularly go through traffic queues.

bugs

·
Registered
31 Posts
For me with the stock configuration the high beams leave a dark spot in front of the bike.
This mod just lights that dark spot, that's all I expected it to do.
Hi guys.
On the standard bike when you turn high beam on, low beam goes out. This makes riding unlit country lanes interesting.
By keeping the low beams on you can see where the road edge is.

Sure it won't make the lights super bright. If you want that then HIDs are the way to go. Just be aware of the warmup time, because they take a few seconds.

Pleased to hear you guys are all pleased with them. :)

Cheers,
John.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts