Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether we all have the same headlights on all our bikes, or whether US bikes dip to the right while UK bikes dip to the left?

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
LHD vs RHD

London, yes they are different dips for left and right side of the road countries
The easy fix for my US import SC Sport was a BMW R twin series lens that was a direct replacement

get it here for £28.50 (+VAT) part number 80200

http://www.motobins.co.uk/bmw-parts.php?model=R Series 2 valve Twin

a little fiddly to remove the lens from the reflector (I used a sharp plastic "blade") but then refitted the rubber rim tape to the new lens and it all went back together just like a bought one, but about $400 cheaper!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers chaps. I plan to change the headlamp anyway, but I needed to know whether there was a difference because then the UK type approval officials would know for sure that it needed changing, which means, I have to document the swap with all the paperwork, which is a pain in the ass.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
That is some very indepth information about lights and lighting...
I was wondering about the 4 headlights being the same on the Multistrada H11
I thought the main(high beams) and lo (dipped bulbs) may be of different wattage, as both are 55W.
Some owners (Many) have had to adjust the headlight position after taking ownership of bikes.
Thanks for the links and education....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts