Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a Termingoni Slip on exhaust to increase the stock sound only so I can be heard but not at the expense of my ears bleeding. It appears that the sound increased a bit but not much more than stock.

Was hoping that someone could help with a suggestion that would work my existing slip on.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
If you don't take the toaster out it doesn't really matter what slip on you have. That huge cat is doing the noise control, mostly.

Careful what you wish for. Taking the cat off these bikes makes them VERY loud, no matter what slip on you use. Ear bleeding is the correct term.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the update. I guess there is no middle of the road solution without going full Termi and bleeding ears?

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
decated the bike is loud even with a properly designed can... but you REALLY can't use a slip-on designed can on a bike without a cat. So if you buy a pipe just figure on selling the termi slip-on and getting another can.

Basically... slip on cans are designed to not block ANY sound because the cat blocks too much already - not giving it much to work with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the full Termi system with upmap. My bike sounds just like a Ducati should. Doesn't sound too loud to me. Buy a full decat system and if it's too loud, put the baffle in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
How about good ol' earplugs! You need them anyway 'cause the wind sound at speed will f#&*k up you ears (tinnitus) either way. I speak for experience. And yes, I have full system on my Ducs...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts