Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I am headed to my 2nd track day and I need a few pointers. My hyper is standard so I know that I don't have ohlins suspenders, but is there a way to raise my ride height? I know that on my first track day, I ran out of ground clearance pretty quickly and not wanting to spend the money on rearsets, what are my options?

And yes, I should have sprung for the S model...:p

Also, does anyone have any suggested settings for the adjustability that I do have? I weigh 180lbs and stand 5'10"

Any thoughts/past experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You could get a ride height ajduster. Not sure if the one from a 748 will work, but there are a few on eBay for the Hypermotard as well.

Another thing you do need --> rearsets. Yes I know you don't want them, but that's the only way things are going to get better. On my 11100S with ohlins I've set the ride height to highest possible and was scraping the pegs in every corner on the track. I've bought a relatively cheap pair, cost me 180 euros inc. shipping.

Also, do you have different springs and oil in your front forks? That clears up a lot of issues as well. I weigh about the same and couldn't get the settings right on my stock bike, had to drop in different springs and oil to get the suspension working as it should.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Not sure where you are located? Motowheels has a ride height rod for a decent price, usually in stock. Also I know the adjustable 998 rod will work, ben710 used it. Remember that just raising up the bike is not a good solution for ground clearance as it will change the handling characteristics. How quick is the track day? Base 1100 marzo's with weight matched springs, air gap 120mm treated me very well. Not strictly bike related but think about your body position and how you can improve that (speaking generally, I don't know you or your style). Getting off the bike more and keeping it more vertical will make the most of what ground clearance y ou have, I know even with my fully worked front and rear suspension, if I don't get off the bike appropriately I will drag the pan. Rearsets are a must if you will be tracking the hyper.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Even with my hyper bone stock, I didn't scrape anything. I did hang off of the bike substantially. The further you hang off, the less lean angle the bike needs. I hang off much more on the hyper than I do on my R6 track bike. I had a 4" beard hanging from my sliders! I do weigh 220 lbs., so I considerably outweigh what weight the bike was designed for.

I also use the 998 ride height bar. I believe the consensus was to raise the bar to the last thread. Hopefully, someone will chime in with the exact spec that we came to agree on. Once you get the bar, bring your fork tubes up flush with the top triple tree. That will give you the most clearance that you can get.

Also, setting your preload so you have a sag of around 50mm up front and around 35-40mm in the rear will help as well.

Now that my bike has the proper springs (I also have the standard model), I don't even touch knee puck and I never scrape pegs either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts