Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
66 is so young. Over and over I think about how we work so hard to look forward to playing after 65 and then the dream is cut short. Prayers to you Dan and your family Dan.

·
Sophomore Member
2,880 Posts
Sorry, Dan. Wishing you peaceful down time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Headed back to TN, after burying my little brother yesterday in Ohio. Heart attack got him at 66. He was Army like me, so he had military honors and a flag folding detail. It was nice for his daughter to get a flag.

Getting old sucks.
Sorry to hear about your little brother. As a heart patient myself, I know there are worse ways to go. I thank you and your brother for your service to the country and pray for joy and peace to return. As a Christian, I know we will see our loved ones again when this is all over.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@Dukerdr ... How are you doing Dan? Just thinking of you so thought I would check in.
Not bad....it finally hit me after I got home that I'm the last guy of this family thread. My brother had one daughter, I never had kids.

Mom passed away in '73 when I was 21, my dad passed in 2004...so I'm it.

But I got to reconnect with his daughter at the service, she lives in Las Vegas, but her and her hubby own a house up in Utah. My bro was getting ready to move to Utah to be nearer to his grandkids. He had been packing up his house for 3 or 4 days when he went down. Too much activity for an out of shape guy.

Each day above ground is a blessing....

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
Your mom waited a long time to have you!

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Your mom waited a long time to have you!
Not really, she was 25 when I was born....she died from cancer in '73 a month before her 47th birthday.

Doctors didn't really know much about cancer in '73. :(

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
Not really, she was 25 when I was born....she died from cancer in '73 a month before her 47th birthday.

Doctors didn't really know much about cancer in '73. :(
I read that wrong, I thought you wrote that she died AT 73 not in 73. I need to pay better attention.

Reactions: Dukerdr
21 - 29 of 29 Posts