Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed back to TN, after burying my little brother yesterday in Ohio. Heart attack got him at 66. He was Army like me, so he had military honors and a flag folding detail. It was nice for his daughter to get a flag.

Getting old sucks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you, his family, and friends. We're all thinking of you.

·
Premium Member
12,254 Posts
Yes Sir, that is a tough one. To loose a brother is a very different kind of pain. I think we all realize that our grandparents and most likely parents will pass before us. When a younger brother goes it hits a different hard hit.
I went home and was mad at God for putting "Wonder" thru such a hard life. He taught me so much and introduced me to music cars photography etc. etc.
I sat in the living room and played Bob Dylan and cried like a school girl.
A heart attack is not the worst way to go. Sorry if I seem harsh but a long illness seems cruel...
Peace and condolences.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
My condolences, Dukerdr. Losing family sucks.

·
Official Retired Person
7,353 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother, Dan. Keep the good memories and he lives on for you. Condolences to the family.

·
Still needs a life.
12,573 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I lost one of my two younger sisters to cancer three years ago. As the oldest child, you don't anticipate dealing with the death of a sibling.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Condolences from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Really sorry to hear this Dan... you and yours have my condolences.

I've lost a younger sibling, so I know what you are going through, and I can tell you that eventually, all of those memories that hurt like hell right now, are going to put a big smile on your face a bit further down the road.

·
Señor Member
8,201 Posts
My condolences on your loss. I hope you have lots of good memories to help you.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made it home safe and sound, gonna take a few days to decompress from this.

I like to think him and our father are right now walking out through a meadow up there with a couple of shotguns and beagles, trying to kick up a rabbit or pheasant.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts