Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2012 hypermotard evo sp 1100. MWR intake , termi pipe, power commander, dyno tune, dialed in suspension, clutch, billet ducabike pressure plate and springs, cented
Plexi glass clutch cover, after market upgraded discs, carbon fiber everything, lighter swing arm, and a few other things I’ve forgotten.
Next step this winter I was thinking of doing heads and a big bore. What do you guys recommend or could I hear any experience you guys have with these things. What’s a better cam than the evo? It’s not a track bike, I do drive it on the road so maybe not the most extreme of cams or lightened flywheels so it’s still streetavle, but would love to hear any feedback from the different kits. My idle air valve is on the way out been freezing so I have to take my throttle body out and and figure out what’s the deal there. Would like to upgrade the throttle body if I end up needing a replacement and my starter is starting to go so motor work in general is unavoidable. I was thinking big bore kit. Cam, fuel pump , throttle body, maybe pistons and rods if required, and a fresher tune injectors if needed. Not sure what common builds are here. Plz advise. Not cheap but I know I could drop an panigale motor in this frame for around 4K so was gonna build this until it popped then go that route.

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to so bad but my shop wants 3-4K to swap it in so my plan was to build this one until it pops. Do you know any shops who do it for cheaper? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to put that motor in my bike. Or even buy an 1100s and do it to that and keep my evo. Plz advise

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
100mm pistons and cams are available, I think I am installing a set this winter on a customers bike . His is a street/trackday and we are expecting about a 10%-15% bump in power running 91 octane fuel. I just had one on the dyno with similar (Dp) cams and just high comp pistons and his was about 10% higher than most 1100 hypers in my dyno. Cams make little to nothing down low but carry power longer so you make the gains mostly where stock motors fall off.

As others have mentioned the smart money is to buy a different bike.... oh..they didn't? They should have as a 1098/1198 hyper is still not going to have the power of the latest and greatest...
If you have decided to keep it a 2 valve that does not matter to you then yes the seat of the pants gains can be had with a hyper and you get to remain more simple and light which is what motards are supposed to be in the first place.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on keeping my 12 evo sp 1100 with termi power commander mwr dyno tune and a few other mods because it’s just a blast to ride. But on the side I’d love to build an 1198 If I can find a rolling chassis for it. Has to be insane to ride

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
What is the "mwr dyno tune"?

Did it remap the stock ecu and remove the O2 sensors? I have a customer with a 1100 evo and termi system and it is still too lean to make power. Under about 5500rpm it is far too lean (o2 sensors) and a typical early 1100 crushes it. I would bet if the map was improved it should at least match a earlier 1100 in performance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mwr intake dyno tune with a power commander and termi pipes cut out the cats dialed in suspension clutch and some lightweight parts

·
Registered
136 Posts
grab a set of big bore pistons and get to work. it will probably cost you $400-500 to have the new pistons sized to your cylinders (bore/replate/hone). 2V headporting is pretty well understood and simple, there are lots of folks that offer it, be it CNC or freehand, for around $1000.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With my toes

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Do you still have the O2 sensors in your exhaust?
What RPM's do you ride the bike in : 4000-8000 3000-7000 5000+ rods coming out of the motor?
If you dyno tuned it do you have a graph of the final run to share with air/fuel?

porting and cams will mostly help at higher rpms.
Added displacement helps down low as does higher compression.
Cams help mostly at higher rpms , at least the ones i have come across.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don’t have the print out handy but I can get it. I don’t really rev it out much since it’s so torque. I wanna say I have the delete but I honestly don’t remember. I know they cut the cat out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts