1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going over the bike and noticed the slightest bit of oil
weeping from where the vertical head mates with the block,
just behind the belts basically.

As this is my second oil leak, I'm prone to just chalk it up to "it's italian" and,
like with my alfa, ignore it. At least until it's more than weeping.

·
7,733 Posts
So I was going over the bike and noticed the slightest bit of oil
weeping from where the vertical head mates with the block,
just behind the belts basically.

As this is my second oil leak, I'm prone to just chalk it up to "it's italian" and,
like with my alfa, ignore it. At least until it's more than weeping.
Could be oil mist coming out of the crankcase breather if your running high oil levels.

My German bike does and my Japanese and American bikes did also weep/leak oil at times for various reasons. Sorry, that's not an "Italian" thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be oil mist coming out of the crankcase breather if your running high oil levels.

My German bike does and my Japanese and American bikes did also weep/leak oil at times for various reasons. Sorry, that's not an "Italian" thing. :rolleyes:
Easy killer, it was a joke. I'm allowed: sono Italiano. My question was simply whether it's worth getting it looked at or not.

It's not mist from the breather. There's no residue anywhere aside from the welling up at the gasket.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Um, the head doesn't mate with the block, the cylinder does. Or do you mean where the head mates with the cylinder?

If you are REALLY Italian, feel free to write me in Italian, as it's the only language everyone in my household speaks (as well as most people I work with).

Tom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um, the head doesn't mate with the block, the cylinder does. Or do you mean where the head mates with the cylinder?

If you are REALLY Italian, feel free to write me in Italian, as it's the only language everyone in my household speaks (as well as most people I work with).

Tom
The fact that I speak little Italian doesn't make me any less so... at least not according to my passport and my lineage. I still travel there regularly and get by with the little I do speak. For whatever reason it's never come easily to me, although I do understand a good bit more than I can speak oddly enough.

My grandparents were born in the Campagna region outside Napoli.

And I meant where the cylinder mates with the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts