Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
APE also. Theirs are full diameter vs tapered on the others, if that matters to you. Some people have posted that the CCW studs fit the cases better. I bought the APE and the fit was fine.

·
Registered
686 Posts
head stud source....

Way back when I did my horizontal cylinder, I bought Ducati studs and gaskets. No problems since, probably 10+ years ago.

Fred

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
updated factory studs are good to go as well, outside the chrome studs i do not see broken studs. Same stud used on a 996 making a bit more power.
... ugh ... ~shudder~ .... my motuhsickle is a 1996 900CR ... chrome studs all 'round. Totally not looking forward to changing them out to whatever Member *ducvet recommends. I totally trust his judgment ... but it's like trying to be happy about an impending root canal. I've still yet to learn what part number and which source to obtain them from ... like the number of other stuffs I'm slowly gathering up I'll put new studs on that list ... plus gaskets and any other items I'll need "while I'm in there". The thought of it all makes my hair hurt.

:frown2:

I'm even thinking about just building up an entirely "new" engine on the bench while I continue to ride with the stock 900 engine. Little steps at a time.

:nerd:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
updated factory studs are good to go as well, outside the chrome studs i do not see broken studs. Same stud used on a 996 making a bit more power.

So these interchange with the 996? Broken ones are not chrome, kind of a bronze/gold. Very hard.

APE and CCW no longer make them. Ordered the #76610012B which is apparently wrong. Will have to call Omaha Ducati tomorrow to cancel.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Good luck getting them out. There' a LOT of posts in here about doing it, and a number of different methods used that have worked... Just use the search function, and look for 'studs'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts