Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Pretty wild indeed. I noticed his boot coming apart and the fact his upper wasn't zipped to his lower, but someone pointed that out. Looks like he either traumatized his hands/wrist or broke same. Like the others said, I hope hes OK because wrist injuries can be pretty painful and complicated depending on how many bones were broken.

One more thing I noticed about the website participants and their comments relating to the wheelie accident. All of them were respectful and when they did say something contrued as slightly off color they made up for it by wishing the rider well and clearly only meant what they said in good spirits. For some reason this pervasive attitude really stood out since I'm not used to it, honestly. Then it dawned on me, the incident took place in the Midwest, not the East or the West but the Midwest. I've done my share of traveling during the course of my work, both here and abroad. People in the Midwest are just nicer people, period. You have a local incident like that and on sites like BARF or some others (including here) the rider would have been subject to a cannonade of know it all critics. Everyone knows the East coast, in particular the New York area has its share of arrogant know it alls, these "rumors" have been around for years, but is there an element of truth to them? Take the U.S. Open held in New York some years back. What a god damn embarrassment the spectators were, basically a crowd of assholes with big mouths. I was ashamed to be an American, especially when you compare that crowd behavior against the European crowds attending the British Open. Open fans are respectful, they acknowledge good play, no matter where your from. In conclusion, the rumor that many Easterners, mainly New York types are blowhard disrespectful hooligans is true relative to the behavior of other regions, both here and abroad.

I just shake my head and wonder why we are like that and getting worst as time passes by. It didn't help we had a bumbler pirate as a President; yep, I heard about him more than I wished for while overseas. What we lack is basic respect, we lost it somewhere. I think it started around the same time Cage Fighting, WWE Wrestling coupled with Jerry, etc became our new past time. As Americans get fatter and fatter, the figure is mind blowing btw, we get more discourteous and ugly.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I really don't think our past president had anything to do with it. Seems as society continues to spoon feed people and make no one responsible for anything, giving hands outs, continuous welfare, etc, people have less respect. It's a give me give me give me world. Cage fighting, WWE, etc has nothing to do with it.
But I don't think the majority are like that at all. There are culture differences across the US, too. And as those cultures continue to spread and move around, the more cultures will mix. I personally can't stand visiting some places up north, but have noticed more of those same types of northern "values" here in the south. (not knocking northern neighbors, again, it's the minority the leave bitter memories, not the majority).

Everyone's different.

·
comrade moderator
26,976 Posts
Jesus...you guys got all that out of a set of wheelie pics? Ya'll need a hobby or sumptin...go outside. Really. It's OK. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jesus...you guys got all that out of a set of wheelie pics? Ya'll need a hobby or sumptin...go outside. Really. It's OK. :rolleyes:
If Speed Channel showed some worthwhile programming, we wouldn't have to get our kicks watching cable news networks. And the world would be a happier place.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
I really don't think our past president had anything to do with it. Seems as society continues to spoon feed people and make no one responsible for anything, giving hands outs, continuous welfare, etc, people have less respect. It's a give me give me give me world. Cage fighting, WWE, etc has nothing to do with it.
But I don't think the majority are like that at all. There are culture differences across the US, too. And as those cultures continue to spread and move around, the more cultures will mix. I personally can't stand visiting some places up north, but have noticed more of those same types of northern "values" here in the south. (not knocking northern neighbors, again, it's the minority the leave bitter memories, not the majority).

Everyone's different.
I know of plenty of wealthy parents that spoon fed and enabled their kids, they were given hand outs, a form of welfare and they are the new generation of "what can you do for me?" Some police recruiters that I know tell me this, that is the difference between the Vietnam era guys and the non draft and wealthier parents crowd. Its not just welfare, there are other forms of that and it starts at home. I was being sarcastic (slightly) when I mentioned cage fighting, WWE, etc. Cage fighting is likely to take over in popularity away from boxing because its more brutal. To think many people wanted it banned in the beginning and now its easy access and I even see it frequently on cable TV. See what money can do? The violence level, the sexual content levels have all skyrocketed over the last 20 years, so has drug use. Put all that together and you have a bunch of fantasizing perverts and serial killers. Again, profits drives this crap. There will be no control of it as long as money is to be made.

Sorry for the tangent, but it happens. Maybe its because an airing of the TV show Wicked Attraction is coming up. Also known as the plyers killers. I knew the detectives that worked that case in LA, I went to the LA Police Academy Detective School 30 years ago and I recall the segment about these two animals like it was yesterday. Just like the advertisement piece mentioned the audio was in effect very disturbing. Needless to say I second that and I had to turn away so I couldn't hear the agony and terror as one of the victims of the plyers killers was being tortured. You can't imagine what they did to those victims, especially at the end of their lives. This left a permanent impression on me and I am convinced our culture has been ruined by drugs, starting with the phoney "hippie" movement.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Sure, no doubt about wealthy parent/kids. Goes back to the whole lack of responsibility statement.

As for your cage fighting comparison, keep in mind there hasn't been a single death in cage fighting, which is nothing more then martial arts that has been going on a lot longer then boxing.

I do agree...hippie movement was definitely a bad turning point.

I know of plenty of wealthy parents that spoon fed and enabled their kids, they were given hand outs, a form of welfare and they are the new generation of "what can you do for me?" Some police recruiters that I know tell me this, that is the difference between the Vietnam era guys and the non draft and wealthier parents crowd. Its not just welfare, there are other forms of that and it starts at home. I was being sarcastic (slightly) when I mentioned cage fighting, WWE, etc. Cage fighting is likely to take over in popularity away from boxing because its more brutal. To think many people wanted it banned in the beginning and now its easy access and I even see it frequently on cable TV. See what money can do? The violence level, the sexual content levels have all skyrocketed over the last 20 years, so has drug use. Put all that together and you have a bunch of fantasizing perverts and serial killers. Again, profits drives this crap. There will be no control of it as long as money is to be made.

Sorry for the tangent, but it happens. Maybe its because an airing of the TV show Wicked Attraction is coming up. Also known as the plyers killers. I knew the detectives that worked that case in LA, I went to the LA Police Academy Detective School 30 years ago and I recall the segment about these two animals like it was yesterday. Just like the advertisement piece mentioned the audio was in effect very disturbing. Needless to say I second that and I had to turn away so I couldn't hear the agony and terror as one of the victims of the plyers killers was being tortured. You can't imagine what they did to those victims, especially at the end of their lives. This left a permanent impression on me and I am convinced our culture has been ruined by drugs, starting with the phoney "hippie" movement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts