Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nope,he cant hang,the ducati has overwhelmed him. Hayden cant tame the red beast,the beast has tamed him. Maybe the rice-burners are better suitted for him cause he looks really uncomforable on the red beast. 8th place isnt going to help matters today....can you say ben spies????oh ya "2010 " :yeah:

·
Registered
457 Posts
can you say ben spies????oh ya "2010 " :yeah:
Spies can't go to the factory Ducati squad due to the new "no rookies on factory teams" rule. He'll have to spend a year at a satellite team unless he goes to Suzuki, since they are the only exception being that they have no satellite outfit. However, they suck so bad at the moment they may as well be a satellite team.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not saying...

that Spies couldn't tame the Ducati, or that he can't/won't be able to hang in MotoGP, but would he really want to ride a Ducati during his first season in MotoGP?

If I were in his shoes, I'd want to set myself up for success, not failure. I'm just not sure that I think he'd want a Ducati ride considering its reputation. And, as mentioned above, I don't see him going to Suzuki either, for the same reasons.

I think he'll want the best bike he can get whether it's a factory team or not. When it comes time to go to GP, I don't see him leaving Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nope,he cant hang,the ducati has overwhelmed him. Hayden cant tame the red beast,the beast has tamed him. Maybe the rice-burners are better suitted for him cause he looks really uncomforable on the red beast. 8th place isnt going to help matters today....can you say ben spies????oh ya "2010 " :yeah:
HUH?? I am no Hayden fan but he rode the bike well today... And has been doing much better after the mystery changes to the bike in Spain. Today Nicky's result wasnt the real story due to the fact that he had a terrible start. That said listening to Hayden pre-race interview it just confirms why I am not a Hayden fan
As far as Spies, if he does decide to got to gp (I think that depends on if he get the WSBK title this year) its more likely that he would go to Tech 3 than anywhere else. If you were Yamaha would you let him go?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd love nothing better than to see Hayden come to grips with the Ducati and start dicing for the podium, but I'm not optimistic that's gonna happen. And it will be a loooooooong time before we see Spies on a Ducati. I don't think Yamaha is foolish enough to let him go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts