Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting points made my Hayden who is under pressure as he may lose his ride to Cal. Hayden in his usual respectful and honest way makes a great point in IMO about how Stoner would let the Ducati move underneath him while he stayed still but that Crutchlow (despite talks to the contrary) fights his bike a lot and would not necessarily be this amazing fit for Ducati. I can't help but admire Nicki, he just is the nicest guy, and in any other context or series, he'd probably be the fastest rider as well. He's having a tough go of it overall.

Nicky Hayden says he is not convinced that Cal Crutchlow’s aggressive and all-action riding style will match with Ducati’s factory d16.

Nicky Hayden says he is not convinced that Cal Crutchlow’s aggressive and all-action riding style will match with Ducati’s factory Desmosedici like some people have predicted.

Crutchlow himself has spoken of the fact that his riding style is similar to that of reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner, who remains the only rider to master the Ducati after he won the 2007 title and 23 races for the Bologna factory.

The British rider is currently pondering a lucrative two-year offer to quit the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad and join Ducati’s factory effort, as was exclusively revealed by MCN last month.

But 2006 world champion Hayden says the belief that Stoner used an aggressive riding style to tame the Desmosedici is a myth.

The Kentucky rider, who claimed a third top six finish of the season in Assen last weekend behind Crutchlow, told MCN: “Cal has got the right attitude and he is not going to give up real easy but he was fighting that Yamaha a lot to be racing with me.

"He’s not going to have to fight that Ducati any less. I know people say he rides a lot like Stoner but from where I’m sitting I don’t see him riding a lot like Stoner. From where I watch there is a little difference there. I don’t want to sound like a hater just because they are offering him my bike but we’ll see.

"Cal is a good rider obviously but to say he rides like Stoner I’m not sure. People think you got to be aggressive on the Ducati but when you see Stoner go fast on it he let the bike move.

"The bike moved a lot but he didn’t. He was smooth and he never fought the bike. He let the bike move under him. With Cal the bike moves but also he moves a lot.

"Of course it is interesting and he has got a lot of potential. He’s got the right attitude and he won’t give up after the first couple of crashes so it will be interesting to see. Cal is fast and he has beaten me about every race this year so I’m not going to be silly to say anything.

"He rides hard and that’s the one thing this bike needs, to be aggressive and to heat the tyres.”

Ducati’s two-year proposal to Crutchlow has left Hayden’s future in the air and he has already been linked with a Ducati factory WSB effort on the new Panigale with Carlos Checa in 2013.

Ducati had an option on Hayden that expired after the Assen race but he has only had brief discussions with Ducati about remaining in MotoGP.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,729 Posts
Great post and I think Crutchlow could learn a lot by reading it.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Victoriano Guareschi agrees with Hayden:

Infine il commento del Team Manager Ducati in riferimento alle voci di mercato che riguarda Cal Crutchlow: “Cal è un pilota molto veloce. In questo momento abbiamo bisogno di mettere a posto la moto e di un pilota in grado di capirla. Non credo che Cal guidi come Casey Stoner, forse è più simile a Troy Bayliss. Credo che Nicky (Hayden, ndr) abbia ragione.”

In English: while Cal is a fast rider, at the moment we need a rider who can fix this bike and understand it. I don't think cal rides like stoner, maybe he is more similar to Troy Bayliss. I think nicki is right.

I the meantime... Mcn reports that Ducati is talking to Scott redding about an official ride, but that Scott's camp is concerned about the lack of competitiveness of the Ducati. Everyone is just trying to trade up wives here IMO LOL!

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
"The Mugello test and the Laguna Seca weekend, where the new Ducati parts tried at the Mugello test will get their first run out in a race, are crucial to Rossi's decision about the future, but they will come a little too late for Cal Crutchlow. The Englishman has been told by Ducati that he has to give them an answer by Mugello, according to MCN's Matt Birt, and so Crutchlow cannot wait for Rossi to make his decision, likely to come some time during the summer break, and to be announced around the time of the Brno round of MotoGP. Crutchlow's gamble is simple: he either has to hope that Ducati will show enough progress for him to be competitive - perhaps aided by the resources of Audi, which should start to flow into the company some time next year - or else hope that Rossi stays at Ducati and he gets the call for the factory Yamaha ride. It is a tough choice to make."

2012 Sachsenring MotoGP Thursday Round Up - On Rider Changes, And Rossi, Pedrosa And Crutchlow | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks

Crutchlow could well find himself without a seat should the music suddenly stop. :think:

·
Registered
2010 Hyper
153 Posts
Crutchlow should take the Ducati seat, I don't see why he would even think to wait. I hate to see Nicki pushed out, but I'm sure he would be happier if he ended up on a 1199 if he could be on the top step again. Crutchlow should take the biggest money contract possible, as soon as possible. He is no Stoner or world champion, and never will be. He should be worrying about building his cash stash while he is in the sport instead of this delusional thinking that he should risk it all for a chance at a winning bike. Yamaha would never offer what Ducati would, and if he waits for Yamaha, he will eventually end up on local tv selling bikes and cars. If he signs with Ducati, he will get a cool red set of leathers, a free trip to the Italian alps and a roll of the dice that Rossi will pull a winning red bike out of Ducati's hat. Ducati may not have the most popular bike, but I hear they at least pay for their riders brakes.

·
9,757 Posts
Crutchlow should take the Ducati seat, I don't see why he would even think to wait. I hate to see Nicki pushed out, but I'm sure he would be happier if he ended up on a 1199 if he could be on the top step again. Crutchlow should take the biggest money contract possible, as soon as possible. He is no Stoner or world champion, and never will be. He should be worrying about building his cash stash while he is in the sport instead of this delusional thinking that he should risk it all for a chance at a winning bike. Yamaha would never offer what Ducati would, and if he waits for Yamaha, he will eventually end up on local tv selling bikes and cars. If he signs with Ducati, he will get a cool red set of leathers, a free trip to the Italian alps and a roll of the dice that Rossi will pull a winning red bike out of Ducati's hat. Ducati may not have the most popular bike, but I hear they at least pay for their riders brakes.
Very sensible post.

Refreshingly sensible actually :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
well put stlouisrider...

Logically it makes sense... and the part about "buying brakes" made me chuckle...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Luck to Nicky Hayden...whererver he ends up.

Great competitor and he has been a first class represenatative of the USA on a world stage.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
At least he didn't throw him under a bus......like Rossi did to him. You don't see Lorenzo doing that to Spies...although that might be calculated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts