Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I did not get to see the race on the big screen, have only seen the you-tube vid. Can someone explain the drama. Looks like a rider came in a bit hot (but from the crappy vid...looks like he had a clear line), but then he low sided and kicked the bike out next to him , which in turn set that other bike into the rear of hayden. Looked like an accident to me, what am I missing ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did not get to see the race on the big screen, have only seen the you-tube vid. Can someone explain the drama. Looks like a rider came in a bit hot (but from the crappy vid...looks like he had a clear line), but then he low sided and kicked the bike out next to him , which in turn set that other bike into the rear of hayden. Looked like an accident to me, what am I missing ?
You really need to see different videos. Basically DeAngelis was trying to make lots of positions on the start, was coming to hot and ran out of room, he didn't have the line and hit them.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Pretty funny how worked up Nicky is and how cool and calm Edwards is. Looks like Edwards took the grunt of the accident and went flying. The way Nicky is crying in this video you'd think he's going for the world championship this year. Sorry Nicky not gonna happen this year. Nicky as of now is 14th in points. I just noticed Edwards is 6th in points. Way to go Colin!!!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks, yep, looking at that one you tube vid did not shed much light on things

·
Registered
698 Posts
It is possible to see the crash beginning with Lorenzo (though not his fault) running off line and cutting back in front of Edwards. Edwards hauls on the brakes and avoids Lorenzo and Nicky goes around the outside. De Angelis sees the opening and tries to cut inside of Edwards. Kaboom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm guessing (purely conjecture) that Nicky was so pissed off because of how the season has gone. He has been taken out a few times early in races, had one strategic decision go horribly wrong (Donnington) and basically had a run of real bad luck (including some nasty accidents). From what I'd read (and seen in recent races) he really felt like things were improving and that he had the pace to conten for a podium again this week. To get taken out on the 2nd turn of the 1st lap has got to be a huge bummer for anyone. That said, it was interesting how much more calmly Colin took it!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Winner :), that makes the most sense so far

I'm guessing (purely conjecture) that Nicky was so pissed off because of how the season has gone. He has been taken out a few times early in races, had one strategic decision go horribly wrong (Donnington) and basically had a run of real bad luck (including some nasty accidents). From what I'd read (and seen in recent races) he really felt like things were improving and that he had the pace to conten for a podium again this week. To get taken out on the 2nd turn of the 1st lap has got to be a huge bummer for anyone. That said, it was interesting how much more calmly Colin took it!

·
9,757 Posts
Hayden sorta foresaw the events during qualifying, when he was talking about how tight the first corner is going to be and how important it'll be to get a clean start.

DeAngelis went in way too hot trying to make up places, so when he started throwing the bike in the turn his cold front tire folded, causing him to take out Edwards and Hayden (who had the inside lines btw), and almost Lorenzo.

Edwards was even more pissed than Hayden, saying something along the lines of "We're in Italy and sometimes you gotta deal with dumbass Italians" lol...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was impressed that even as angry and frustrated as he was, he let the female track assistant lead him away, he didn't even fight her about it.

Any written reports anywhere to shed more light on the accident and his reaction?

·
9,757 Posts
Pretty funny how worked up Nicky is and how cool and calm Edwards is. Looks like Edwards took the grunt of the accident and went flying. The way Nicky is crying in this video you'd think he's going for the world championship this year. Sorry Nicky not gonna happen this year. Nicky as of now is 14th in points. I just noticed Edwards is 6th in points. Way to go Colin!!!!
Oh yeah, I forgot you're the one who hates Nicky cause he didn't chill with you at the bar after Philip Island.

Dude Edwards was pretty pissed. He was interviewed after he got out of his leathers and this is what he said in a fairly pissed/short tone:

- Colin, just tell us what happened with that crash there
- I dunno, I really don't know. Everything looked ok, I got a great start, and uh we're in Italy and you gotta deal with dumbass Italians sometimes and he (DeAngelis) just decided to turn his brain off

Hayden had even more reason to be pissed, cause it was a home GP of sorts for Ducati, he wanted to keep up his improving streak, and more importantly he needed to use the race to get more data for the bike.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I felt bad for Hayden and Edwards, they both had reason to be angry.

Hayden seems like he is more comfortable and understands the bike, consistently doing better with each race (in general). I'm glad to see he was retained by Ducati for next season, I think he will be much more competitive next year.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I dont think DeAngelis has a ride next year does he? Hayden has had a tough, tough year. After almost getting the boot for Lorenzo, and having just signed the contract, yeah he was upset. In a way, its good to see that passion and drive. Edwards was more introverted but still pissed as hell.

But, this is racing and I would imagine each of them has done the same thing to somebody else at some point in time. I am glad to see Hayden and Stoner for next year, I still think this is a great team for Ducati and they are both very respectable and personable riders.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Is Chip Ganassi (?) coming over to MotoGP??
Perhaps some of the NASCAR drivers might come as well..

Boy what an exciting series that would make.. Nascar mentality, Indy money and MotoGP bikes..

That will look like British Touring cars..

1 - 20 of 95 Posts