Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 848 a few weeks ago and my dealer called me yesterday saying my mirror parts were in. I said I hadn't ordered any parts and he said he wasn't sure but he was letting me know they were in. Anyone with a newer 848 get some extra mirror parts for any reason? I haven't made it up there yet to see exactly what parts they are and am going to try to run by today. The only thing i can think of are mirror extensions because the spec sheet i read says the new 848 models have a 30mm mirror extension. Just a heads up for any new owners. I will post up what they are when i get them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had to request the mirror extensions when I picked up my 848, but I would not recommend getting them. Put your money to better use. I am looking for some alternative mirrors, but have yet to find some I like and work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I got my 1198 they gave me the passenger seat, rear pegs and hangers and mirror extensions I fitted them but it made it worse so I took them off again :) maybe that is what they are??? Colin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my hayden 848 tuesday and they asked if i wanted my mirror extensions installed. I didn't kow what they were talking about so i said sure. They said you can't see anything but your elbows with the stock extensions and the new ones let you actually use the mirrors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on picking up whatever parts they are in about an hour. I definitely won't take them if the are trying to charge me. Keep you posted and thanks for the info and opinions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the parts and they were indeed extensions. I kind of thought they were already on the bike, but i will look and compare. The guys at the dealer really didn't have any info to offer. Started to sound sketchy actually. I am probably looking into it too much.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dude, the mirror ext come with the bike. They just get shipped separate. They should not charge you extra for them. You paid for em, why not take em home like I did and, decide if and when you want to put them on. Do not let them charge you for them. I was waiting to see if someone posts if they are worth putting on or not. The stock mirrors are useless other than the turn signals. They made the ext for a reason I just want to know if they work and don't look dorky before I install them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with you on the look aspect of them, but i was kind of under the assumption they were already installed on there and now i have an extra set. I need to scroll through some 848 pics and see what the have and if they are the same or not as to what is on my bike now. I did not pay anything for them, nor would i if they tried to charge me for them.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
All 2010 848's come with the mirror extensions. Don't let them be assholes. And they should install them for free for you. It is a part of the bike. Not a dealer throw in. They look fine on the bike, they don't look out of place at all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Anyone have a set of mirror extensions they don't want? I'm looking for a set to butcher to try and put 848 mirrors on a 748 fairing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts