Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the pictures of the new 25th Anniversary Monster thinking “what an awesome colorway.” Tricolore colors with the gold frame and wheels. Looking around here and the interwebs, I don’t see a ton of excitement for the anniversary models and it would seem the pirate bike is the one that people lust after. Did I miss it?

I asked my dealer what pricing would be and he hasn’t seen it yet even though he has one on order. I’d assume more than the S and less than the R...opinions?

Assuming a price in between the S & R would you go for the Anniversary or the R?

R is missing a QS, fuel gauge (IIRC) and I’m told the only difference between the current S and R is in the exhaust (I heard that from a dealer and an online review so please correct if that’s wrong) which is where the power difference comes in.

To use an idiom I despise...at the end of the day...which one holds its value better? I’d guess the R.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see the bike in person!

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are tons of limited Ducatis over the years, I haven't been able to keep track of them all. But things that people lust after tend to hold their value more I guess. So maybe in time? Who knows? What's a 10th anniversary Monster worth? Did they even make one?

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I just saw the price online. I’m not 100% sure what I think about it being more than the R. Granted, it’s a limited edition. Hmmm...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone take delivery yet? I'm in the US so I have a while (November)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am confused as to why it did not go to the top after I posted. This site have a glitch?

Edit: Okay now it worked after this post

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had a good look at the anniversary monster at WDW, it looked very nice but personally I think it's a little costly.

2008 I purchased a S4Rs tricolore for little more than the cost of the standard red model and sold it a few years later for almost the same money and I thought that I'd done good but fast forward to 2018 and the very same tricolore model is now advertised at half as much again so you pays your money and takes your chance.

Geoff...>:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m anxiously awaiting someone to take delivery as well. Although Mr Shifter your thoughts on it from wdw is what I wasn’t hopping for. I’m guessing that’s one of the reasons there hasn’t been much talk about it. But oh well I’m sure I’ll be pumped again come November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I have the rare unlimited version. Ducati has a great thing going with the Limited Editions, don’t they ? Too bad all they are is a tarted up standard model. How about doing like ( choke ) Harley does and go through the accessories catalog and load it up with farkles ? Better wheels, more carbon, suspension and power mods, and most importantly, a little numbered plaque.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am super excited about getting this. For me it is my first bike to have ohlins and forged wheels. Two things that change a bike entirely as I have read. I cannot wait. The 1/500 is a plus too but not what made me buy it. I love the tricolore paint scheme but i am sure some hate it lol. I was on the fence about the "S" 2 years ago. Didn't like the R because shitty electronics package. This gave me best of both.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am super excited about getting this. For me it is my first bike to have ohlins and forged wheels. Two things that change a bike entirely as I have read. I cannot wait. The 1/500 is a plus too but not what made me buy it. I love the tricolore paint scheme but i am sure some hate it lol. I was on the fence about the "S" 2 years ago. Didn't like the R because shitty electronics package. This gave me best of both.

I’m excited as well just wish there was more excitement all around lol. I’ve never preordered anything so I’m just hoping I’m making the right decision. The waiting doesn’t help with the second guessing. I had a 959 Panigale for a little bit before I realized I couldn’t handle the ergos. My dealer thought I should try the monster or the super sport but I wasn’t sure and got a Harley instead ?. I’ve been feigning to get back on a Duc ever since. I saw this and loved the tri-color and that it got some of the r goodies. Then I rode the monster s and I smiled ear to ear for the entire 30 minute test ride. My garage will be complete (for now ) once it comes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any deliveries yet? God this wait is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I saw on Ducati’s Instagram that they kicked off production last week. Hopefully there will be deliveries soon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can't find that info anywhere. On the site it says Europe getting it in September. Anyone in Europe see it yet?
???

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you so much! I am itching to hear some real feedback. Enjoy your new bike.

Hi All, I was one of the first to order in Switzerland. Delivery was 30 September but it’s now delayed until early October. I’ll post pictures once I get delivery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did some googling and came across a monster forum that’s in German (had google translate it). Looks like 19/500 was delivered to the dealer on Tuesday and they are picking it up next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did some googling and came across a monster forum that’s in German (had google translate it). Looks like 19/500 was delivered to the dealer on Tuesday and they are picking it up next week.

No. 27 is actually for sale right now on moto.it . I’m told mine will come this week. Don’t care about the number as I was about to buy the standard 1200s and add almost all the extras that come on the anniversario. However the paint scheme was the no brainer decision for me. I saw the photos, called my dealer and signed the contract all within an hour.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts