Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a trip, went to grab the lifting handle to put the bike on the
center stand and the rubber grip on it was gone! And it is noticeably uncomfortable and slightly slippery to tug on that thing without the rubber grip. So, fellow riders, you might want to check to see if your rubber is loose too. I ordered another and I think I might just slip some grip glue on it before slapping it back on the handle. :think:

·
7,733 Posts
I just glued the rubber grip on the pull handle of my red 2005 ST3 last week as a matter of fact. :) Since I use my CS 95% of the time, I caught it before it slipped off mid-ride.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've never had the problem of my rubber falling off.

In fact, they generally seem tighter than necessary (even for hard sport riding).

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts

In fact, they generally seem tighter than necessary (even for hard sport riding).
Thats funny...:D

·
Registered
720 Posts

But then you must be using the shrink wrap type rubbers Mike. Do you find them comfy for your right hand?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine seems a little loose and I make sure to push it up occasionally and when I use it. Should probably put a little glue on it or something I suppose.

·
Registered
60 Posts
1997 ST2, rubber missing since about 98.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems to be a not uncommon problem. But I had not seen it posted here before. Gee, thanks guys! Where was the warning? :D Now, so that others can take this seriously: I had to pay $15 US for the replacement! :eek:
They should have sent a jar of vaseline to go with it at that price. :(

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I replaced mine once, and after that one went bouncing down the road, I opted to not waste my money on another one.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Snug fit...gotta stop buying the large to try impress the check out lady..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Given the shape of that handle cover, might you be fitting it in the wrong location? :)
Hmmm. Now that you mention it. Perhaps it is supposed to be easily removed as a pillon accessory in case the gentlemen is overly fatigued or chronically compromised. :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts

:D

By the way, Mike, you're back! Very often, when browsing the forum, I stumble upon an older thread where you provided good and sensible advice. Let me thank you for that before you're gone again ;) Welcome back!

Cheers,
Mark

·
7,733 Posts
Hmmm. Now that you mention it. Perhaps it is supposed to be easily removed as a pillon accessory in case the gentlemen is overly fatigued or chronically compromised. :cool:
Yes, designs like that are called "elegant." :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts