Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 999 with 5000 miles.

I was on the interstate shifting into 6'th gear around 65-70 MPH and suddenly the RMP's just dropped to zero. The bike was still running and i didn't hit the rev limiter or anything. It was like the bike just shifted into neutral on its own between 5'th and 6'th gear. I pulled the clutch in, gave it some gas to make sure everything was working, and then down shifted into 5'th and then back to 6'th. Everything worked fine for the rest of the ride.

Anyone know what happened?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The same thing happened to me about 10 times. I've got 2009 1198. I talked to the duc dealer and they said it must be me not shifting hard enough and hitting a false nuetral. Do u speed shift or hit the clutch? It's kind of annoying but, nothing is broken

·
Registered
62 Posts
Duc's seem to do this more than the Jap brands. It used to happen to me until I dropped the gear lever down about 10mm and now all is good.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Duc's seem to do this more than the Jap brands. It used to happen to me until I dropped the gear lever down about 10mm and now all is good.
Didn't happen to me not even once for the first few hundred KM, then I changed the rearsets, and it started happening, so it looks like some tweaking of the rearsets is in order. Strage feeling going from third to second into a corner and realizing you hit a false, when you're in the corner LOL...

Happens never when I put a concerted effort into the shift though...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
its very common between 5th and 6th.miles (lots)seems to lessen it happening

1 - 6 of 6 Posts