Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the breather on the bike project and came across one of these - hellishly expensive but has got me curious as to who has used one before.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Purpose?

meaning how is it supposed to work what is the supposed benefit?

Never seen one before.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Purpose?

meaning how is it supposed to work what is the supposed benefit?

Never seen one before.
Apparently it is an add on/replacement to the crankcase breather system to maintain the internal crankcase pressure at a slight vacuum. Looking at some of the websites they claim modest power gains. Hard to understand their explanation completely, most everything is in Japanese or google translated from Japanese.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I suspect it is a vacuum operated check valve that closes more tightly to keep the cases from inhaling too deeply when the pistons go up their bores. A good idea but overkill perhaps on a 2 valve unless it is spun over 10k. But other factors will limit that happening. Looks pretty cool though!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it does look pretty cool but I have had a look at some of there other products and are considering an inline unit that is half the cost has the same features to go with it that will fit in the hose between the new and enlarged volume breather box and t the airbox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts