Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
... so
Unfortunately this is a new bike-straight from factory.
Amazing how this got by quality assurance.
Maybe was during the virus pandemic when all Hell was raining down in Italy.
Word of advice to All- check out bike in DETAIL at dealership before purchase.
it was shipped directly to you from the factory? I'm not being a smartass here, I'm curiously asking. My point here is that the bike may be brand new, but if it went to a dealer first for assembly and set up someone could have still been in there and left that crap on the bike or done a poor job of whatever that is going on. Just an alternative explanation for what you're seeing on your motorcycle. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is true.
But I have no choice but to accept dealerships explanation of it being a production mishap-perhaps due to covid virus have an effect on the production line.
It runs and doesn’t leak oil.
On the other hand; I can’t see a dealership taking all that time to split an engine case for a defectI’ve motor when they probably should have sent bike back to Italy for a proper one.
And aren’t all motors run in the factory before being sent out?
Be Safe

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would hazard a guess that no dealership in the world would consider that a warranty claim.

IF It really bothers you that much, see if the dealer will work with you. I doubt you are going to get anywhere with it but its your call as the consumer.

Also, all motors are tested prior to leaving the factory as part of their QC process. That motor passed QC so functionally, there is nothing wrong with it. If something happens within two years down the road, you have a warranty for that very reason.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
.... On the other hand; I can’t see a dealership taking all that time to split an engine case for a defectI’ve motor when they probably should have sent bike back to Italy for a proper one.
... heheh ... I take it this is your first Ducati. :)

It costs a lot less to do one hell of a lot of work rather than ship the bike back to Italy, R&R the engine, and then back to the USA (since it's a USA spec bike it has to come back here).

I dunno, something smells a bit here. We'll see I suppose!

:)

·
Registered
406 Posts
True, but those bike were built a little "looser" than todays "every last horsepower" type machines.

Dave
It's not so much about every ounce of HP - aircooled engines have to be built with slop because they operate over a wide range of temps - watercooled can be built with closer tolerances, lighter, and still be very durable. Now I've never missed a shift - except for about 7 times LOL- and this thing takes the punishment and moves on. It's a strong engine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts