Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Harmonics?

1011 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ncgt1000
I can hear a smoothing type harmonic sound under load at about 4500 rpms. Does anybody else hear a nice smooth harmonic sound at any speed or rpm's where the bike just sounds right? Is this normal in the Ducati motors? I'm not a mechanic so I have no idea. But I do know that it sounds GOOOOOOOD.

It's kinda like the sound of tuning a guitar with harmonics and you get that wahwahwahwahwahwaaahwaaahwaaaaaahwaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... type of sound.

Sorry if this sounds odd, but just curious about the Ducati brand. I've had inlines and never heard anything like that.

By the way, 4500 rpms in third or fourth gear.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
I haven't found the spot with the GT but riding with a frined on his ST2 we occasionally get the sound between the two bikes.

Very slight throttle changes in either bike can make the harmonic shift closer or farther apart.

Gives me goose bumbs under the leather.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.