Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing renovation on my 95 ss. Many of the nuts and bolts are corroded to some extent. I know there are stainless sets for the fairings and hex bolts for the engine but what about all the shoulder nuts and bolts? Outside of Ducati, any other good sources?

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Big industrial supply companies like MSC or McMaster -Carr have a lot of that stuff. Also, crazily enough, try google. It will lead you to fastener suppliers that have extensive lines of fasteners. Watch the quality on bolts that can kill you if they fail. I’ve replaced a lot of my stuff with stainless where it shows or is in a bad location. Other stuff gets high strength fasteners, like brakes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I believe stainless bolts are not recommended for higher strength applications. In those cases you should stick with the OEM spec parts. I have had pretty good luck with Pro Bolt for fasteners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of my concerns is quality. I'd like to buy a kit so I have everything as almost all of the hardware should be replaced. Didn't know if someone maked one. Google hadn't helped, so I asked here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts