Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before spring gets here, I plan to get my V1 up and running. On my previous bike (VFR), I had a stemstand, and used the V1 hard-wire kit to get power. Since the stemstand is not an option on the Duc, I'm going to put the V1 in the top of my tankbag, and run sound to my helmet. I'm electrically challenged, so I'm looking for tips on how you guys connect detectors to the power.

I have a "tankbag kit" from powerlet, and a cig adapter for inside the bag. That's the easy part. I have a DD headlight, which I know has it's own fuse wired directly to the battery. Can I connect my V1 into the stock headlight fuse then? Also, has anyone wired sound into a Chatterbox? I previously had headphones installed in my helmet, and just plugged right into the V1. A buddy of mine picked up a Chatterbox this year, so we've been using them when we ride. Can I just connect the V1 sound into the Aux jack on the Chatterbox then?

Paul
'02 ST4S

·
Registered
299 Posts
I ran a fused line directly to the battery to some powerlets in the front panel.

Sounds right on the aux input thing.

:)

·
Registered
824 Posts
V1

Paul, Why can't you use a StemStand? I use one on my St4s for my V1 & it's the best set-up I've ever had for a radar detector. Gregg

·
Registered
286 Posts
PaulST4s said:
Can I just connect the V1 sound into the Aux jack on the Chatterbox then?
Yup - That's what it's there for. You'll need a cable that has 2 male ends on it; one to plug into the V1, and the other to plug into the Chatterbox. You can buy them off of the Chatterbox web site or from Cyclegadgets.com. I use this to pump my Walkman or IPod into my Chatterbox. The cool part is when somebody transmits on the Chatterbox, the music is muted.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greggkirby said:
Paul, Why can't you use a StemStand? I use one on my St4s for my V1 & it's the best set-up I've ever had for a radar detector. Gregg
Are you using one of the "control mounts" ? I guess what I meant was that I couldn't use the stemstand that I had for my VFR, as it mounted to the hole in the center of the triple, which doesn't exist on the ST. Do you have any pics of your install ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have seen it but have not used it. I have the H.A.R.D. system by www.legalspeeding.com

Installed it Monday night this week. Works as advertised.

·
Registered
824 Posts
StemStand I use for V1

Paul, Here's a pic of the StemStand without the V1 mounted. I just use some electrical tape to attach the remote audio adaptor to the top of the V1. If you want I can post a pic with the V1 mounted when I get home this weekend. Ciao, Gregg

·
Registered
824 Posts
Try again with pic

I don't know what happened on the first try. Oh yeah, forgot to hit the uoload button. Gregg

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts