Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a beautiful day (80+ and sunshine) so I took the Paul Smart out for a Sunday afternoon ride. About mid way through the ride I stopped at a "scenic overlook" where a lot of cruisers hang out. There must have been fifty or more Harley’s and metric cruisers in the parking lot. There were only a few sport bikes, one BMW GS and my Ducati. Several people walked over and started looking at the PS. I could see them mouth “Ducati” and scratch their heads.

Finally one guy walked over to me and said, “That your bike?” (What gave me away? My full face helmet and leathers?)

I nodded.

He walked around it a few more times and then said, “Hard keepen’ that thing runnin’?”

“What?” I said. I had no idea what he was talking about.

“Is it hard keepen’ that thing runnin’? You know. Is it hard to find parts for an ol’ bike like that?”

“It’s not old. It’s bran new. I just bought it.”

“Damn. It is new ain’t it? Well, it sure is a prudy bike?”

“Thanks.” I said.

This bike is a blast to ride but it is almost as much fun to watch how people react to it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That IS funny, but I've got a question for you: did he say "...hard keepin' that thing runnin'..." or "...hard keepin' that thang runnin'..."? Inquiring minds need to know! :D

OBTW, I'm jealous of your great weather- cloudy, rainy, 45 degrees up here yesterday.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ducremus said:
That IS funny, but I've got a question for you: did he say "...hard keepin' that thing runnin'..." or "...hard keepin' that thang runnin'..."? Inquiring minds need to know! :D

OBTW, I'm jealous of your great weather- cloudy, rainy, 45 degrees up here yesterday.
He said, "Thang." :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rides????????

SScowboy said:
A guy on a Harley asked me why I would want a new bike that looked old?

WTF????????????????????? he rides a HARLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, he has a Harley. The nature and method of his inquiry explain that. However just because he has one doesn't mean it works well enough to ride it. I had one years ago (I am ashamed to say) but sometimes lessons are hard learned. All I can say is 20 minutes of R&D should not result in 20 years of motorcycles. Your bike is the BOMB. Congrats on a very enviable bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.