Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed my MSF class today and will have my endorsement Tuesday. I'm VERY excited!!!!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
congradulations!what did you end up doing with your title problem. you need to be riding that fine bike before the rains come.:D:D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't solved the VIN problem yet. Next step is to remove paint from head stock and "hope" the VIN is there. If not, then I have NO idea!!!

congradulations!what did you end up doing with your title problem. you need to be riding that fine bike before the rains come.:D:D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Smart move on the MSF training. You should discover that riding will be pretty easy from here; almost too easy sometimes. Done properly, motorcycles require much more attention to your surroundings than automobiles and an extra level of confidence in yourself and the machine you're riding.

I would suggest a track day next Spring, so you can continue the learning process. You need to better understand the capabilities of the machine, which will give you the confidence to make the right moves if it is necessary on the street (and some day it will be).

I recall twisty road trips many years ago with novices. A couple of them missed turns (and went straight on) when they entered unfamiliar curves at too high rate of speed. Others in the group just leaned the bikes over a little further as they knew the bikes could do it. Confidence is a great attribute for motorcycle riders and track days can help you accelerate the learning curve.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great advice. At this point I'm just so excited to go practice in a parking lot for a few hours. This is my first bike since my younger days. It's been a great adventure so far.

Smart move on the MSF training. You should discover that riding will be pretty easy from here; almost too easy sometimes. Done properly, motorcycles require much more attention to your surroundings than automobiles and an extra level of confidence in yourself and the machine you're riding.

I would suggest a track day next Spring, so you can continue the learning process. You need to better understand the capabilities of the machine, which will give you the confidence to make the right moves if it is necessary on the street (and some day it will be).

I recall twisty road trips many years ago with novices. A couple of them missed turns (and went straight on) when they entered unfamiliar curves at too high rate of speed. Others in the group just leaned the bikes over a little further as they knew the bikes could do it. Confidence is a great attribute for motorcycle riders and track days can help you accelerate the learning curve.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Treat your bike like most pilots treat light aircraft - with respect. Keep checking all the major systems (tires/chain/lights, etc.) and never take your environment (road condition/temperature/traffic volume) too much for granted.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good advice. Today is my first legal day I can ride, but it's raining :(

Treat your bike like most pilots treat light aircraft - with respect. Keep checking all the major systems (tires/chain/lights, etc.) and never take your environment (road condition/temperature/traffic volume) too much for granted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts