Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has any experience with tank grips for this bike?
Due to my size and the 748 tank shape, when I hang off, my thigh holds at the corner point of the tank. What tank grips would be best to also cover that area? I like that the techspecs are removeable, but not sure about their two types, hi fusion and snake? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the techspecs snake type. I like them very much. Very grippy. Helps me squeez the tank and Keeps me from slamming into the tank during hard braking. Hanging off is also more confidence inspiring when your legs feel secure jammed by the tank.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have Techspec as well (one bike with high fusion and the other with snake skin), and I love it. It helps a lot during both hanging off and braking. I just ordered a generic sheet from them and cut it myself so I could wrap it around the 'corner' of the tank. Like you, that is where my leg 'anchors' when I'm hanging off so I wanted to increase the grip there.

As for the snake/fusion choice, I have used fusion on both street and track. It works great and looks good (it's quite flat). I just installed the snake on my track bike so I haven't had the chance to use it. It's definitely thicker and spongier than the fusion, so I believe it will provide more grip but looks a little worse imo. For a trackbike I'd get the snake, for a street/track or street-only bike I'd get the fusion.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have techspec on my 748 and had stompgrip on the SV... and the techspec stuff is leaps and bounds better than stompgrip. feels better, doesn't tear up the leathers, they look better and they dont peel off.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Due to my size and the 748 tank shape, when I hang off, my thigh holds at the corner point of the tank.
Thats the best way to ride as well. The grips won't help when hanging off, they're really designed to help you stay in control of sliding forward.

I've got a set of stomp's and they suck. I use them to cover my ETI fuel cell on the sides because the paint job is so smooth, my leathers literally slide off, so I needed something. Otherwise, I'd get anything thats just flat rubber.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Thats the best way to ride as well. The grips won't help when hanging off, they're really designed to help you stay in control of sliding forward.
+1. I only use the grips under hard braking. Clamp your legs onto the tank and hold on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts