Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best aftermarket bar kits for the ST3. I've seen the websites and hype for:

Helibars
Cycle Cats
Convertibars
GenMars

Which is the best/most adjustable?

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
You will probably get good reviews for all of them. Most important is what fits you. See if you can locate some bikes with the various handle bars on them and see which one feels most comfortable for you. If an aftermarket seat is in your gameplan, I suggest you purchase it first before installing new handlebars, as the seat will affect your position on the bike in relation to the handle bars.

I had Heli bars and a Rich's custom fitted rebuilt seat on my 01-ST4 and 02-ST4s, but so far the OEM seat and handle bars fit me fine on the 04-ST4s.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Cycle Cat DBR-25

I have the cycle cat risers on my ST3. They have an orbital adjustability for the handlebars. You can adjust them from almost flat to a more agressive lowered position.

Don

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Cyclecats on my 996. They are pretty much infinitely adjustable as to height, bar angle, and pull back within the limits imposed by the fairing and tank.

I also liked the fact that the kit is complete and includes relocation of the master cylinders and new brackets, installation is very straightforward. Well worth the money spent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In terms of raising the bars up, the Convertibars have them all beat. I have them on my '05 ST3 and the rise is a full six inches, very comfortable.
Jack.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeez - four full inches and non-adjustable? I have the feeling they'd feel like ape hangers to me. I have pretty much figured that about 1.5 to 2 inches is the most I'd want up and same back. Adjustable would be better so you could switch from sportbike mode to touring mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts