Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in finding out if handlebar weights would make any difference in the handling and stability of my MTS 1200 Touring? I do not have a major problem with vibration but wonder if the ride would be even better with bar end weights.

I was thinking of Ducati's weights (see the picture below) unless there are others I should consider. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm interested in finding out if handlebar weights would make any difference in the handling and stability of my MTS 1200 Touring? I do not have a major problem with vibration but wonder if the ride would be even better with bar end weights.

I was thinking of Ducati's weights (see the picture below) unless there are others I should consider. Thanks
I had the Ducati weights on (gold) but took them off when I installed my Throttlemeister.

The Ducati weights look good on the Multistrada but they are not very heavy so I dont think they help much with vibrations.

For Sale, I'll give you a good deal on them if you want them... pm me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I, too have a Throttlemeister installed and killed two birds with one stone. The throttle lock is a great addition and the heavier model leaves no perceptible vibration. Only negative aspect is that I cannot add BarkBusters to the heavier, and slightly longer, Throttlemeister bar ends.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
256 Posts

I have these : Hudson Valley Motorsports Parts - Motorcycle Handle Bar Ends to Reduce Vibrations

I Like them, nice and heavy, you can paint them black if you like! They do make a difference!

Keep you rpm at around 4k min and you'll have a lot less vibrations!
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

I installed Throttlemeister's also, vibration to hands is almost nothing! The cheap plastic bar ends do nothing. I can't say that any bar end would affect handling or stability in any way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts