Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can recommend a handlebar tie-down strap or maybe even post a link to an Amazon listing for one. I see a few on there but I have never used handlebar straps so I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What model bike ? I usually use Canyon Dancers for bikes with clip ons or bikes without handguards.
^^^ The Best ^^^
Thanks for the input! Handlebar straps on the way!

I look forward to not having to bend over backwards to get straps on without having to worry about tearing my fairings off!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Thanks for the input! Handlebar straps on the way!

I look forward to not having to bend over backwards to get straps on without having to worry about tearing my fairings off!
The ones without the cups will warp your grips every time.

·
Administrator
12,697 Posts
We use the Canyon Dancers with the cups, we put a sock on each grip to protect them before sliding the cup on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update... I did indeed go with the Canyon Dancers and can confirm that the work great! Have used them 5 or 6 times now with three different bikes. They fit all three (SS, ST4s and a Triumph Bonneville) and definitely make towing a lot easier!

Thanks for the input! Once again the expertise here at Ducati.ms has saved the day!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a Canyon Dancer strap for my SV650. That bike has bar ends that are 1" to 1.5" long. On the last haul, the straps bent the screws that hold in the bar ends. Maybe I had them cranked down too hard, but this is just something to keep in mind. The next time, I'll probably remove the bar ends first.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Stuff a sock in the bottom of each cup, that will protect the bar ends - and yes, it is possible to strap them down too tight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts