Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new white hyper in the garage yesterday....shit hot...another duke.Gotta luv it.The bars seem to low for me.Am 6'1" in height so was wondering from the guru Hyper owners if you can get,or what is the best way or product to get the handlebars up a bit higher.Am going to go the comfort seat I think,which will drop me down a bit so that may also help.Any ideas guys.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would wait a while to see how the bike feels after you've put 10-20 hours
on it. If the bars still seem low for you, a lot of guys swap the bars for Pro-Taper
aftermarket bars, originally designed for motocross bikes, with a variety of
heights available. Note that the stock Hyper bars are 1 1/8" diameter at the
clamp/center portion and taper down to 7/8", which makes it necessary to
use a taper-walled design.

There is also the possibility of purchasing the OEM Ducati
20mm bar riser setup that is being sold on the new 2010 Hyper EVO SP. Once
some of these new models are in circulation it should be easy to determine if
the new bar riser is backward compatible with pre-2010 Hypers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
260 Posts
They dont seem low at all to me...actually quite comfy after 1k miles

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was thinking I might like the bars up just bit higher too since I raised most all of my off road and dual sport bikes bars some. And I'm rather short but it feels more natural on most bikes to have the bar a little higher. So I went to Home Depot and found some washers and longer bolts. Removed the stock bolts, added about 3/4" of washers and rode it around a bit. Didn't like it so I took it back to the stock height. This was before I ordered the ZEGA bars.

Just a quick, cheap and easy try it and see if you like it method. I wouldn't leave that way if you like the extra height. Shop around there are some places that have fat bar risers with the right hole spacing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow. I've added risers to every bike I've owned - EXCEPT the Hyper! That's a switch! :) I'm 6'4" and find the bars are perfect.

It could be due to the forward slope of the seat, which puts more pressure on your arms/hands/wrists. The comfort seat might help. I "flattened" my stock seat with a combination of cutting into the rear foam and tapering toward the front, and adding a 1" neoprene pad, which flattened the profile without lowering the height. It's pretty comfy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts