Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a handlebar where the control sections are angled in towards the bike, more than stock? I cut down the stock bar width on my '16 almost an inch on each side and it's a good width, I'm fine with the reach and height, but I find I'm flaring my elbows out to keep my wrists in a comfortable, straight position. If the control section of the bar was angled in more, like a clip on, I think I'd be more comfortable. I haven't yet found anything.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I had the same issue with the width and sweep of the OEM bars. I ended up going with the ProTaper Contour Raptor ATV Bars, and I'm totally satisfied with them! They are approx 1.5" narrower, 20mm taller, and swept back a bit further. I found the following link (see pics for comparison to the OEM bars) which I followed for the installation process.

Motorcycle Info Pages - MTS1200 DIY Mods > MTS1200 ATV Bars Install

I purposely didn't drill any holes in the new bars for the locking pins until I played with the positioning of the controls until I was happy, then I drilled the holes, and dropped in the locking pins.

Good luck!

Any recommendations for a handlebar where the control sections are angled in towards the bike, more than stock? I cut down the stock bar width on my '16 almost an inch on each side and it's a good width, I'm fine with the reach and height, but I find I'm flaring my elbows out to keep my wrists in a comfortable, straight position. If the control section of the bar was angled in more, like a clip on, I think I'd be more comfortable. I haven't yet found anything.

Reactions: vfrcapn

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same issue with the width and sweep of the OEM bars. I ended up going with the ProTaper Contour Raptor ATV Bars, and I'm totally satisfied with them! They are approx 1.5" narrower, 20mm taller, and swept back a bit further. I found the following link (see pics for comparison to the OEM bars) which I followed for the installation process.

I purposely didn't drill any holes in the new bars for the locking pins until I played with the positioning of the controls until I was happy, then I drilled the holes, and dropped in the locking pins.

Good luck!

Any idea if barkbusters would still fit with these bars, and do you know the model number of the bars you have. All the other bikes i had were sport bikes narrow and angled back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
262 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: mr.wesg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Good luck!
Thanks, set on order. Really the only ones I could find with the bigger sweep, so we'll see how they work out.

Really looking at that MRA screen too but I'm still evaluating the CalSci shorty screen.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
GREAT THREAD. I have been pondering the handlebar issue since getting my 1200s, 4 months ago.
The height and width are OK, but the sweep just doesn't come back far enough to allow for straighter wrist.
My hand goes numb in the thumb / index finger areas.

A new set of bars is my next purchase.

Any body else with photographs and measurements of the OEM bars, compared to others on the market, PLEASE post pics and measurements.

Cheers
From the ,,, Land Down Under.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I almost wish I could use a mandrel and heat them up and bend them back about 3 degrees. Love the width, but I agree with the statements that they're too much like drag bars almost.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ProTaper Contour Raptor ATV Bars were too close to stock for me and I ended up sending them back to Revzilla. I agree, if I could bend them or even bend my own bar from scratch, or have a local machinist bend me some I'd give that a shot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
GREAT THREAD. I have been pondering the handlebar issue since getting my 1200s, 4 months ago.
The height and width are OK, but the sweep just doesn't come back far enough to allow for straighter wrist.
My hand goes numb in the thumb / index finger areas.

A new set of bars is my next purchase.

Any body else with photographs and measurements of the OEM bars, compared to others on the market, PLEASE post pics and measurements.

Cheers
From the ,,, Land Down Under.
+1
I also have had problems with numbness. Height is ok for me, but the stock bar is way too wide. I posted a similar thread September last year and surprising how little is out there on the topic. I decided back then to give it time, thinking maybe just need to get used to it. But then on a trip a few months ago had numbness problems. So back to hoping someone finds a good solution. The bars are the single biggest issue I have with the bike.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Geez ,,,, I only wanted to buy handlebars ,,, NOT a half share in the company.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts