Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e searched all over but to no avail. This forum was my last hope but i'm not seeing a lot of responses to people's inquiries on other threads. I'm looking to see if anyone has found bar end sliders that will install on the 1100 hypermotard handlebars. I know these funky mirrors complicate things but I want to keep the bike original and just add some protective items such as axle, frame and bar sliders. Anyone find a bar end that works with this model without having to remove the mirrors??

Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have never seen bar sliders that would protect the bars, usually if the bars hit the ground then they are going to bend, a slider would not prevent that from happening. there are plenty of types of bar ends, bar plugs, hand guards, Bruch guards, that would protect the grips and the throttle tube from damage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen bar sliders that would protect the bars, usually if the bars hit the ground then they are going to bend, a slider would not prevent that from happening. there are plenty of types of bar ends, bar plugs, hand guards, Bruch guards, that would protect the grips and the throttle tube from damage.
That's what I'm looking for bar end plugs etc... not really meant to be sliders just something to protect the bike if it's dropped. Do you know of any that actually fit this bike with the factory mirrors not getting in the way?

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Yeah Dave, I know of nothing that is available or that can be modified. I'm not sure if anything would work with the factory plastic stuff anyway.

So, are you only trying to protect it from a tip over?

If a drop is fairly likely, or if you want to do dirty riding like me, you will want to replace the bar system. You can make them almost bullet proof with these mods.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah good info. I figured it'd have to be something pretty creative. Just tipover protection in general. I know bar ends wont do much for a serious crash. I'm going to keep the factory look on the bike if at all possible but I like your Setup for serious riding. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts