Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, if you parked your bike and went off to work and returned to said bike at the end of the day to find that not only had someone tipped it over, but they set it back up as if nothing happened but managed to break the brake lever and smash up the side fairing nonetheless.. how would you go about adjusting the now out-of-whack handlebar?

Sorry, the only way I'm able to talk about it without fuming too much is to pretend it didn't happen to me.

I was able to ride it home okay but I am not near my bike now and did not have time to check things out.. and I seem to have lost the digital copy of my haynes manual.. Any ideas?

Also, any worthwhile ideas on how to keep rats off your bike in the city?

·
Registered
266 Posts
There should be two bolts that hold the clipons in place just loosen them up and adjust them to where it was before. I speak from experiance because I had my bike tip over on some warm black top.:mad: It's pretty simple shouldn't be a problem to move it back.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
well....a decent toolkit would help in adjusting it...that is why I have made my own kit per sey as apposed to the feeble excuse of a kit Ducati provides....also maybe taking a big honking flashlight from a security guard and taking the batteries out of it and sliding over the grip and levering it back into position against the steering stop would work....when ya need to get things done...you get creative and McGuyver-like....in terms of the scumbag that left you in such a fine predicament....well....keep your eyes peeled for a paintmarked bumper if you park in a plce where people regularly park in the same spot....and the way I would keep rats off the bike is by parking where there aren't any....as far as I know...there is not Rat Repellant you can hose the bike down with...not that I'd want to in the 1st place...maybe use some tofu since that might be too healthy for a sewer scrounging scoundrel like that?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
If you look at the bar that is still in the right position, you will see that a mark on the bar clamp lines up with the groove in the top triple clamp. Set the one that got moved to match. It's just two allen screws, I think - easy.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
zooom said:
the feeble excuse of a kit Ducati provides....

hahaha... nice one. I think my 01 SS tool kit has a dual end screw driver and the most important piece of Ducati kit.

This bit makes all my jap bike mates laugh...

THE most important piece of Ducati kit....... a little book listing EVERY Ducati dealer IN THE WORLD!!!

Even the BMW F650 comes with every tool needed to rebuild the bike.

I went riding with a chap who rode a 97 SS.. single seat.. his home tool kit was falling out from under the seat. He needed to put it all back but needed to borrow an allen key to get his seat off... cracked us all up.. what is the point of tools if you need to borrow some-one elses to get yours...

Mal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts