Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change the handle bars on m hyper.
Wondering for those of you that have looked into this or done it
What is the correct diameter of the bar?
what are brands that you recommend?
thanks

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I went with Zeta's, I got the Motard "low" bar since my Scotts dampner raised the stock ones a wee bit.
I also went with the full set-up, bars, carbon handguards, & turn signals. The Zetas have proven to be a very strong & nice way to go. I got them from Wheelings Cycle Supply, ask for Forest. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
501 Posts
The 1100's have mx style fat bars (1-1/8") but doesn't the 796 only have regular 7/8" bars?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I went with Zeta's, I got the Motard "low" bar since my Scotts dampner raised the stock ones a wee bit.
I also went with the full set-up, bars, carbon handguards, & turn signals. The Zetas have proven to be a very strong & nice way to go. I got them from Wheelings Cycle Supply, ask for Forest. Aloha Alex
Me too. Very happen with them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 1100's have mx style fat bars (1-1/8") but doesn't the 796 only have regular 7/8" bars?
Yes 7/8" is correct.

I went with the Rizoma MA001 and have been very pleased with it. It's much lighter and thicker. The only down side is if you like the stock hand guards they will not work without modification.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Went with the TAG Metals Alius to replace my stock bar. Puts the weight a bit more forward but it's not an agressive change from the stocker. I quite like it and it's pretty cheap and decent.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went with 1 1/8" Bars from ProTaper with the Carmichael bend. Really close to stock. Gold anodized and look great with red Pazzo's. Much better feel over stock, steering seems more precise. Just have to dremel off the little knubs in side the clamping housing. Switched them out in less than an hour.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hey Alex could you post a pic of your handle bar set-up? I was thinking of changing my stock set-up and I was thinking of doing something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
757 Posts
I must be the only person that had an issue with the pro tapers. I got the pastrana bend and it's sitting in a corner gathering dust. The straight control section is not long enough to accommodate all the original controls parts and their spacing.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hey Alex could you post a pic of your handle bar set-up? I was thinking of changing my stock set-up and I was thinking of doing something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
No pics, but if you want to see em, search 'zeta bars' I remember seeing a lot of pictures of them. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
757 Posts
ktrides2 has some posted of her set-up using the zeta bars and guards. at least that's what i remember.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I use the Pro Taper with Carmichael bend, rotary damper, CNC Racing triple clamps and CRG Arrow mirrors via Rhinomoto bar end sliders with no issues. Only modifications was grinding off the locating pins in the controls and I then wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the bar to give the controls something to bite onto.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pro Taper Woods Low. A touch narrower and lower-good for fitting into tight places.... They also work well with the zeta handguards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts